Author Topic: Site moving to new hosting  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Cloudee1

Site moving to new hosting
« on: August 25, 2014, 03:59:19 PM »
Alright guys, the time has finally come. SCIprogramming.com is moving hosts.

I managed to make a backup of all the files and the database while no one was looking and everything seems to have gone pretty smoothly, the transfer has been completed. The site is up and running and everything appears to be intact. If you are reading this, then you are already viewing the site on the new server.

Over the next couple of days, if anyone finds something that isn't working quite like it should, then please let me know and I will get on fixing asap.

The one exception may be the design desktop. A lot of the necessary files seem to have "disappeared" and I don't have backups of them. I will poke around and see what I can find, but I know for a fact that my shoot em up game is gone. It left me when I had a hard drive crap out on me.  

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 07:25:37 AM by Cloudee1 »

Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Collector

Re: Site moving to new hosting
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 01:20:17 PM »
The design desktop has been gone for some time now. We could mirror stuff on the Wiki for a backup of things, even if they are not publicly viewable.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 02:02:18 PM »
The crappy free host I was using had a bad habit of deleting some of my files.

It was a constant battle to keep the design desktop operational because of it. Once I lost the hard drive on my laptop, I lost the backup of the disk images that I had as well.

I have a copy of 3 of the 4 games that were up on the desktop, the one missing one being the shoot em up game which unfortunately, not only is the img gone, but so is the actual game itself.

As soon as I can remember how to make the img's again, those 3 should be back up and running.

I can shoot you a link to download them if you want to mirror them once I get them going again.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 02:12:29 PM »
I can also give you upload permissions to the Wiki.
KQII Remake Pic

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 24 queries.