Author Topic: AddThis dropdown added to topics  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Cloudee1

AddThis dropdown added to topics
« on: December 15, 2014, 11:30:43 AM »
So I was looking around a bit today following the most recent Russian Spambot flood, wondering why it is that we are being targeted. Amongst the things I looked at was the Google Page Rank and unfortunately it wasn't very high.

That is always a bit disappointing. But I have taken a couple of small steps in trying to help it out a bit. One thing was again submitting the site to dmoz.org, which I am pretty sure I have done before to no avail. Something else I did however which may help out our visibility the most, was add a social media linking widget to the topics.

Whenever you come across a discussion or topic that is interesting or you feel like sharing, please don't hesitate to share it on facebook, twitter, or any of the other social sites you are a member of. After all, it only works if you use it.

8)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:32:54 AM by Cloudee1 »

Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Collector

Re: AddThis dropdown added to topics
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 12:46:21 PM »
I frequently link to here and the Wikis in the Sierra Facebook groups, trying to promote SCI/AGI development.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 11:08:14 PM »
Alright, so this new mod that was installed has now gone by the wayside with the big forum update and site redesign.

However.... You will now notice a facebook share, tweeter, and g+ link located at the end of a threads first post. So out with the old and in with the new!

That's where they are at for now anyway... I hope to get them into every post sooner or later, but for now I have a lot of other work to do besides modding a mod :P

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 09:53:41 AM »
I have also made the media sharing links available on the individual game listing of the fan games. So now if there is a specific game that you feel like posting to your facebook, twitter, or google+ timelines, by all means click away.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:57:37 AM by Cloudee1 »

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.