Author Topic: New Year's Resolutions  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Doan Sephim

New Year's Resolutions
« on: January 04, 2015, 10:11:47 AM »
Happy New Years everybody!

Anyone got any SCI related new year's goals? I did a couple years ago, which is why I finished Betrayed Alliance (kind of).

I don't have any SCI-related plans of my own this year, but I did make a goal to write a sci-fi middle grade book. Last year, I wrote my first novel.

Anyone else have New Year's goals?

Artificial Intelligence Competition

Offline Cloudee1

Re: New Year's Resolutions
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 07:13:08 AM »
I have two, one is to get the Voodoo Girl SCI conversion completed and the other is to get this site back up and functional again.

... and in the scheme of New Year's resolutions go, from now I on I am going to try and take on one impossibly large job at a time rather than having two or three of them running simultaneously. Which seems to be my current MO
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline JRedant

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 02:00:33 PM »
Yes, a good one.

As of December of 2014, I've been told that our study grant will be over by the end of March of 2015 and I will need to look for another job.

Therefore, my resolution is to get a new job with a mention of SCI on my resume.

So far, that seems to be working. The work I'm applying for uses software packages like SAS, SPSS, Epic, and so forth. With SCI, it shows that I am capable of picking up and having a functional understanding of a computer language.

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 08:09:38 PM »
Sounds good JRedant! I hope it works out for you.

I never thought of putting SCI programming on my resume, but maybe I should. How many people have made their own games starting with ZERO knowledge of computer programming. It shows creativity, persistence, and intelligence!

So far my NYR is going pretty well. I'm about 20% done with the book. But even better I'm set to release last year's NYR book on Amazon in May!

Cloudee1, any updates from your NYR's?

Offline JRedant

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 11:25:14 AM »
It's pretty good stuff to show off to prospective employers...computer aided design for Boeing, entry level database administrator for a medical university, or anything that would involve planning and design. Even better if you design an SCI game with someone else (ie: teamwork).

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 12:17:39 PM »
I'm getting there. The site is mostly functional... still need to get the tutorials all back up and running.

Unfortunately I haven't touched Voodoo Girl in a while... so that is still pending. But in my defense we have given up technology for Lent so there is nothing I can do to it at home until after Easter as a result.

I have not started any other impossible projects that weren't work related so I have managed to stick to that one. The no technology at home has really aided in that  :D

So all in all, I am still on course I guess.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 02:49:47 PM »
Just an update on my New Year's Resolution for 2014 (write a novel):

It's finally finished and available on Amazon and Kindle!

As for 2015's NYR, I'm about 18% finished with the next book (well behind schedule  :-\). But now that I've gotten all the edits/proofreading done with The Stitcher, I can put more time into it!

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 23 queries.