Author Topic: Wiki is gone?  (Read 8674 times)

Offline troflip

Wiki is gone?
« on: April 21, 2015, 03:17:13 AM »
Anyone know what's up with the wiki?

http://sciwiki.sierrahelp.com/

It says "Wiki Deleted

Due to abuses by some users this wiki has been taken down."

Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

Offline MusicallyInspired

Re: Wiki is gone?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 07:42:06 AM »
Wha...?
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 09:07:51 AM »
I had to take it off line because someone was hitting so hard that it was eating near 100% CUP usage and dragging the whole site down. I am trying to decide how to handle it. Possibly by password protecting it.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Collector

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 02:44:55 AM »
Two that have been hitting the Wiki the hardest are from Mountain View and Santa Rosa CA. I am a little loath to start banning IPs, so in the mean time I have password protected the Wikis. I will be limiting access to just those that are developing tools. PM me for the login.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 03:06:33 AM »
I think that's fair. Not really much need for everyone to edit it anyway. It doesn't get that much attention anyway, does it? I mean besides referencing.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 10:19:22 AM »
If you are ever up to it, we could always host it here now that I've got the whole hosting issues sorted out. I think SHP sees far more traffic than we do so it is far more visible where it's at. Just putting it out there as an option, whatever you would like to do...

Speaking of which, I should probably add a link to it under the Main Navigation tools section. * Done
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 10:23:29 AM by Cloudee1 »
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 12:51:32 PM »
Editing has never been open to nonregistered users. The current password protection is for access to even see the Wikis. Yet another example of a few screwing things up for everyone. I don't know if they were trying to rip them or trying to hack them, but they were using near 100% CPU usage, which was dragging the whole site down.

I am hoping that this is just temporary and that I can eventually open it up to public access for viewing again. As to moving them, I have enough work and time in them that I am a bit loath to lose control of them and some things need FTP and cPanel access.

If you are going to add links, don't forget the AGI Wiki.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Collector

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 11:48:59 PM »
OK, the folder password protection was not working since they are on their own subdomains, so I set permissions to allow reading only if you are logged in. Just use the same credentials as normal. Cloudee, troflip, Lance or lskovlun let me know if you want a login.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline gumby

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 01:07:05 PM »
I think I may need a password reset for the wiki?
In the Great Underground Empire (Zork port in development)
Winter Break 2012 Rope Prop Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 01:50:30 PM »
Just try again. I removed the folder password, but you still need to login to the Wiki with your user account to view it. Let me know if you still have problems. I think that Cloudee, Lance and lskovlun are the only ones that don't have logins that probably should.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 01:57:08 PM by Collector »
KQII Remake Pic

Offline gumby

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 08:21:06 PM »
Yep, my login is working now thanks!
In the Great Underground Empire (Zork port in development)
Winter Break 2012 Rope Prop Competition

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.