Author Topic: SQ5 preliminary decompiled source  (Read 25702 times)

Offline MusicallyInspired

Re: SQ5 preliminary decompiled source
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2015, 12:25:57 AM »
Well yeah, but these were only for the priority and control colours weren't they? There's only 16 of them even in SCI1+.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2015, 12:42:10 AM »
Maybe not SCI specifically, but I was talking generally.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline troflip

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2015, 12:47:55 AM »
For code clarity it's probably best to use a define to name the colors specific to what they do in that particular file.

e.g.
Code: [Select]
(define ctlSpringTrap $0004)
(define ctlDoorOpen $0008)
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

Offline lskovlun

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2015, 05:01:30 PM »
What happens is that these go into an ordered list. If frog is substituted for cables, then it will indeed come before restOfPod. What I was doing was I added it manually by calling frog::init from the ScummVM debugger, in which case frog goes in last. In that case, restOfPod must be removed for things to work.
The reasoning here is wrong, by the way. The entries in the list are prioritized by y coordinate (see the class OnMeAndLowY) if the cursor could be within several rectangles at once. The fix is as stated: Put frog in the list, remove restOfPod.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2015, 04:08:29 PM »
Thanks for that reference Lars, I just spent some time trying to get a click on a feature to take precedence over the click on a view where the two overlapped.

Tried rearranging the order in which it was inited, with no change... and then I remembered that you had posted this.

Threw in a quick y value that was greater (visually lower) than the y property of the view and voila.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline troflip

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2015, 04:17:36 PM »
Probably a good thing to note in the "interactions" tutorial
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

Offline NewRisingSun

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2015, 02:38:01 AM »
Quote from: MusicallyInspired
However, apparently in NRS's SQ4 patch he re-enabled the "Time-O-Matic" which is attached to the frog instance. But I can't get it to work...care to take a look at his script with your decompiler?
Quote from: MusicallyInspired
However, I discovered that his patch does not include the Time-O-Matic time warp after all, it was another script written by someone called the "Time Pod Debug patch" available on the archived SQ.Net website.
My patch does include it, but it is disabled by default. To enable my additional debug features, create a file named "DEBUG.FLG" in the game's directory, and start a new game.
Quote from: troflip
It's difficult to change the length of a script if you're just directly editing bytecode, so it makes sense that he had to "replace" one object with another.
For that patch, I was not editing bytecode, but disassembling and reassembling with the ability to change script lengths. Remember that the "room of deleted items" (room 271) had no script at all so I had to write one from scratch, and I could not have done that by directly hacking bytecode into a hex editor.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 02:47:34 AM by NewRisingSun »

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2015, 10:46:08 AM »
Ah, thank you. And welcome! :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:40:27 AM by MusicallyInspired »
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.