Author Topic: SCI Companion V3 - alpha build notes/bugs/feature requests  (Read 393330 times)

Offline MusicallyInspired

Re: SCI Companion V3 - alpha build notes/bugs/feature requests
« Reply #915 on: May 27, 2019, 09:51:16 PM »
Possible bug? I'm generating lip-sync data for my speech portrait. I have set it all up in Companion and the Edit Lip Sync Information dialog has a fully functioning custom View with mouthed phenomes. Everything looks perfect in Companion. However, when I load the game up and trigger the message with gMessager what ends up animating on the screen is nothing close to what the Companion lip sync editor dialog is showing me. Has anyone else successfully created some custom Talkers with lip sync? There are talkers in SCI Quest but unless I missed it I haven't seen any lip synced examples.

While I'm here talking about lip sync data, another issue I have is that my custom egoTalker script that gets called for ego speech portraits doesn't animate a mouth at all, even though it's all set up and defined properly in the Message and lip sync editor. The only difference is the Ego one is contained in its own script. Main is using it properly (the portrait comes up, just no animating mouth) but does the script I use it in have to "Use" it as well?
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline troflip

« Reply #916 on: May 28, 2019, 02:22:39 AM »
I just tried getting the Speak-O-Tron to use lipsync data in SCI Quest (room 210), and it seemed to work in the game.

Not sure why it wasn't enabled by default... (maybe I implemented the lipsync stuff after making SCI Quest? I dunno, I forget), but I tried both the Quick Lip Sync and the one in the dialog.
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #917 on: June 21, 2019, 05:15:28 PM »
From the thread about decompiling KQ6CD I gave it a go and got only about 5 errors and a few duplicate case warnings with version 1.000.00G, Interp 1.cfs.158. I then tried the build in Kawa's link and got many errors. This still happened when decompiling from original RESOURCE.000/RESOURCE.MAP files and no previously decompiled scripts. The first build was an earlier Kawa build, with an MD5 of EDD9ED9DB127965243D984513C08B2D1. I am including the MD5 to ID it since it has the same version number (3.103.3) as the linked build (latest?) in that thread. Not sure what got broken or when, but I thought I would let Kawa know.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Kawa

« Reply #918 on: June 21, 2019, 06:07:08 PM »
I touched the compiler, not the decompiler. I don't need that black magic in my life.

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #919 on: July 11, 2020, 09:36:41 PM »
I'm wondering if this feature is in the current build or not: Can I flip a Pic so that it is essentially mirrored? I noticed in Quest for Glory, they have certain rooms that are essentially the same, only flipped on the x-axis.

I would really like to replicate this process for my game as well and was just wondering if it was implemented in Companion.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 04:11:34 PM by Doan Sephim »
Artificial Intelligence Competition

Offline Kawa

« Reply #920 on: July 12, 2020, 08:30:06 AM »
It is not a feature in SCI Companion and frankly the picture editor's code scares me so I don't think I'd want to try and add it.

I did just mirror a random pic from Larry 2 using Sierra's own picture editor though. It was pretty easy, just a few clicks. Would you like a copy?

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #921 on: July 12, 2020, 10:54:46 AM »
I did just mirror a random pic from Larry 2 using Sierra's own picture editor though. It was pretty easy, just a few clicks. Would you like a copy?
Sure! I didn't even know we had access to something like that!

Offline troflip

« Reply #922 on: July 12, 2020, 01:54:41 PM »
You can do this in SCI Companion. It's a bit flaky, but you need to select all pic commands, cut (ctrl-x), then paste (ctrl-v). Then, there are some hot keys for manipulating the pasted commands. Looks like numpad 2 and 8 flip horizontally. I think there used to be a bug where the result was off by one, I forget if it's fixed in the official version of SCI Companion, or what. After you're done moving/modifying the pasted commands, double click on the selection rect in the pic view area and to commit the commands.

Code: [Select]
        switch (nChar)
        {
        case VK_RIGHT:
            {
                _cxPastedScale++;
                break;
            }
        case VK_LEFT:
            {
                _cxPastedScale--;
                break;
            }
        case VK_UP:
            {
                _cyPastedScale--;
                break;
            }
        case VK_DOWN:
            {
                _cyPastedScale++;
                break;
            }
        case VK_NUMPAD4:
        case VK_NUMPAD6:
            _fVFlip = !_fVFlip;
            break;
        case VK_NUMPAD8:
        case VK_NUMPAD2:
            _fHFlip = !_fHFlip;
            break;

case VK_NUMPAD7:
            _iAngle -= 5;
            break;
        case VK_NUMPAD9:
            _iAngle += 5;
            break;
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 10:22:57 PM by troflip »

Offline Collector

« Reply #923 on: July 12, 2020, 02:10:58 PM »

Omer Mor posted quite a few of Sierra's internal tools here. Just search his attachments
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #924 on: July 12, 2020, 03:58:59 PM »
You can do this in SCI Companion. It's a bit flaky, but you need to select all pic commands, cut (ctrl-c), then paste (ctrl-v). Then, there are some hot keys for manipulating the pasted commands. Looks like numpad 2 and 8 flip horizontally. I think there used to be a bug where the result was off by one, I forget if it's fixed in the official version of SCI Companion, or what. After you're done moving/modifying the pasted commands, double click on the selection rect in the pic view area and to commit the commands.
Cool! that worked pretty well! It was a pixel off, but that's not too much of a problem to fix.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 04:12:20 PM by Doan Sephim »
Artificial Intelligence Competition

Offline OmerMor

« Reply #925 on: July 12, 2020, 05:06:29 PM »

Omer Mor posted quite a few of Sierra's internal tools here. Just search his attachments

There you go:
Sierra's Internal SCI Tools
Sierra's Internal AGI Tools

Offline Kawa

« Reply #926 on: July 12, 2020, 05:21:00 PM »
So the code to flip the vector image is there already, but hidden... and there's an off by one bug that is fixed in Experimental?

Hmmm...

Offline Collector

« Reply #927 on: July 12, 2020, 07:49:04 PM »
you need to select all pic commands, cut (ctrl-c), then paste (ctrl-v).

Any reason that you did not use the standard Ctrl+x for cut? Ctrl+c is usually the standard for copy.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline troflip

« Reply #928 on: July 12, 2020, 10:23:11 PM »
Any reason that you did not use the standard Ctrl+x for cut? Ctrl+c is usually the standard for copy.

typo, fixed it

Offline Doan Sephim

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.