Author Topic: SCI Companion V3 - alpha build notes/bugs/feature requests  (Read 393387 times)

Offline troflip

Re: SCI Companion V3 - alpha build notes/bugs/feature requests
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2015, 12:01:51 PM »
As for Hoyle 3, you can use the Game -> Version Detection dialog to open things properly (set view and pic to EGA, and click reload).

My version detection stuff trips up, because I detect a VGA palette resource, so I assume views and pics are VGA, but they're not. (Why does Hoyle 3 have a palette????).

[edit:] Or maybe there are VGA versions of Hoyle 3 too?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:05:37 PM by troflip »
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2015, 12:13:11 PM »
Hoyle 3 is a VGA game by default with a Tandy compatible EGA version just like SQ4, SQ1Remake, LSL1Remake, LSL5, PQ3, etc.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline troflip

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2015, 12:19:30 PM »
Ah, ok, the version I have is the EGA one. It definitely looks converted from VGA, given they left the palette resource in, and the EGA pics are all EGA bitmaps instead of vector commands.

Offline Collector

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2015, 03:06:46 PM »
Do you need any files from the Hoyle 3 VGA?
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2015, 06:11:38 PM »
Ah, ok, the version I have is the EGA one. It definitely looks converted from VGA, given they left the palette resource in, and the EGA pics are all EGA bitmaps instead of vector commands.

Hmm, the one I had was too lol. Try it again. I have now replaced the EGA version with a VGA one.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2015, 04:34:56 PM »
How about the option to delete messages. I was attempting to sort out the business of having the room look statement change depending on a local variable and in the end I now have a message statement that I no longer want right now.

Also, I haven't been able to isolate it quite yet, but currently when typing in the message, it almost seems to act like I have the control key held down. I noticed it at first when I couldn't type in a "c" but just now when typing out a word with a v in it, it pasted some code that I had just copied to the clipboard. I am not sure if this is all the time or a random issue yet. For the most part I have been copying and pasting most of my messages.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 04:37:49 PM by Cloudee1 »

Offline lskovlun

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2015, 04:45:41 PM »
How about the option to delete messages. I was attempting to sort out the business of having the room look statement change depending on a local variable and in the end I now have a message statement that I no longer want right now.

Also, I haven't been able to isolate it quite yet, but currently when typing in the message, it almost seems to act like I have the control key held down. I noticed it at first when I couldn't type in a "c" but just now when typing out a word with a v in it, it pasted some code that I had just copied to the clipboard. I am not sure if this is all the time or a random issue yet. For the most part I have been copying and pasting most of my messages.
Speaking of message files, it also seems that sequence number 0 should be disallowed.  I was working on a polygon tool (with a different purpose than the standard one) with an auxiliary message and view resource, and I wanted to have the standard polygon type number = a cel number in the view = a sequence number in the message resource. It didn't work; and that took me some time to track down.

Offline troflip

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2015, 05:09:58 PM »

Click on the message and hit the delete key. (I agree, there needs to be a toolbar button or something too).

I've noticed that too, but I haven't been able to come up with a consistent repro.

Speaking of message files, it also seems that sequence number 0 should be disallowed.  I was working on a polygon tool (with a different purpose than the standard one) with an auxiliary message and view resource, and I wanted to have the standard polygon type number = a cel number in the view = a sequence number in the message resource. It didn't work; and that took me some time to track down.

I'm not sure I understand your scenario, but yeah, it looks like a sequence # of zero isn't allowed? What happens, does SCI just fail to get the message?

Offline lskovlun

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2015, 05:13:00 PM »
I'm not sure I understand your scenario, but yeah, it looks like a sequence # of zero isn't allowed? What happens, does SCI just fail to get the message?
It gives you the message for sequence  number 1 instead.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2015, 01:34:24 AM »
When doing something to all cels of a view, it does not update the changes in the panel on the right. Not even in the cel with focus.

Offline troflip

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2015, 03:06:53 AM »
Thanks. Found the problem. I'll release a new build when I get SCI1 sound working. Well, it's working, but cues and loop points still cause the Sierra interpreter to lockup.

Offline troflip

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2015, 02:26:16 AM »
I've released another update to SCICompanion. Same link as before, see the first post in this thread.

RELEASE NOTES 6-10-2015
---------------------
- View editor pane has been "revamped". Palette is larger, and there is an edit palette button. The treeview of loops/cels is gone. You can use the arrows, as before, to select cels or loops, or you can use the new panes on the right/bottom. The loop selector pane also lets you reorder loops (and of course you can re-order cels in the cel selector pane).
- Fixed a number of bugs (striked out below)
- SCI1 sound is... functional. You can import a MIDI file, add it to the game, and add cues and loop points. I added the SCI0 death sound to the SCI1 template game, and it sounds pretty bad! So things are still kind of messed up. Other midi files I've tried sound pretty good though.
- you can preview palette cycling in the edit palette dialog (for pics)
- improved the selection rect in the palette editor
- I tried to get gif image sequences to import - it worked fine for most gifs, but for some reason not those exported from SV.exe! The library I'm using to load them loses all palette and indexed/color information for those gifs.
- support for extended char sets in fonts (previously it was locked to 128 characters, like SCI0 requires)
- copy-paste in VGA views was pretty busted, it is now working properly
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 02:36:07 AM by troflip »

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2015, 02:17:04 PM »
Editing Pallette 999...
I added a row of colors to pallette 999,  basically I needed the tealish colors from sci0. I added the colors to the pallette. Marked each one as used and fixed. However, neither an existing view or new view displays the new colors added to the pallette until scicomp has been closed and reopened again.

Not that this is a huge deal, as the colors do show up at that point. It was just a bit unexpected that the pallette wasn't reloaded at the time that the view was opened for editing.

However, when using a view with the new color. The color does not come out right.... The Navy colored floor under ego, is supposed to be the solid cyan view.

Using the add after cel button, results in the program crashing. View 0, cel 0 selected. Currently using windows 8.1
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 07:24:15 AM by Cloudee1 »

Offline troflip

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2015, 10:07:51 PM »
Can you try the latest version? That looks like the first v3 version I put out.
(Although I don't think any of those bugs have been fixed. )

Regarding the color not coming out right in the interpreter - does the view have an embedded palette? What does the palette for the pic look like?

And wow, things look bad in high DPI... :'( 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 05:18:45 PM by troflip »

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2015, 07:22:02 AM »
I thought I was in the newest one... re-downloaded 3.0.0.2 and confirmed. The same issues as listed, except this time instead of Navy the in game color was one of the grays.

There is not an embedded palette, just pal.999 with the cyan color added to it via the palette editor.

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.