Author Topic: New Shop Item, and it's a good one if I must say, Arcade Champ  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Cloudee1

New Shop Item, and it's a good one if I must say, Arcade Champ
« on: February 21, 2007, 05:08:52 AM »
 ;D I don't know why or how I find the time to do the things I end up doing, but with a pretty full to do list I thought up this new item and worked on making. It could have went a little better, but in the end it went well enough. This is a good one, I'm pretty proud of myself for writing it and I think it will be pretty popular, not only for what it is, but what it does. There's one small bug that I plan on keeping alive inside it, but other than that it's great.

The new Arcade Champ item, ok really it's an astro chicken hat, but if you put it on (use it) than as the arcade champ you are allowed to totally wipe off the high scores of any arcade game. Essentially clearing the way for your own high score.

Someone been champion too long? Now you can take the trophy whenever you want, assuming you have the buckazoids. Poor Doan, lost his Asteroids trophy during testing, and now I've got it...  :D

Eigen, lookout, tetris is no longer out of reach of anyone. The bug, in case anyone wonders is that the recent champ retains the trophy until you set a new score. So while it is a bug, the idea of the item is to let you reset the score to 0 so you can get the trophy by playing yourself. If you aren't going to play, I've already taken the score away from them, I'll let em keep the trophy till you take that yourself so it's a good bug, one I'm keeping in there.

Enjoy.

Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline jtyler125

Re: New Shop Item, and it's a good one if I must say, Arcade Champ
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 07:50:40 AM »
Is there a way to keep the true high score record for our purposes of measuring who is the true champ/record holder...it is kind of unfair for the next guy to jump a barrel in donkey kong and get 200 points and get the trophy...but we should have an all time high score record kept somewhere...even if trophies are shifted by the astro chicken...

JT
- Donkey Kong Champ Out
Life is getting better all the time.
Groundhog Day Competition New Year's Competition

Offline Cloudee1

Re: New Shop Item, and it's a good one if I must say, Arcade Champ
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 09:40:39 AM »
Is there a way to keep the true high score record for our purposes of measuring who is the true champ/record holder...it is kind of unfair for the next guy to jump a barrel in donkey kong and get 200 points and get the trophy...but we should have an all time high score record kept somewhere...even if trophies are shifted by the astro chicken...

JT
- Donkey Kong Champ Out

Nope, all fall to the arcade champ, that's it's whole point.  Besides it's not that cheap. I may put one up in the trader area in a couple of days so someone can get it a discount like you did with the orium. But otherwise, it's not something that anyone is going to be able to afford right away so it's not something someone you don't know will use against you. And it accomplishes the task of every so often clearing out the scores, that way I don't have to be the bad guy for doing it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 10:45:45 AM by Cloudee1 »
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 23 queries.