Author Topic: Went ahead and added the link to the sci communities main site from the forums  (Read 4286 times)

Offline Cloudee1

With MSN running around here like mad, I couldn't overlook the need for a prominent link from the forums to the main site. There's already several  there that bring you into the forums area, but since I'm not sure which way these bots are coming from, I want to make sure it can find it's way back and forth between the two areas. That and I might be able to get some sort of feedback from you guys on the general direction things are headed or just plain input.

Take notice, the little globe now takes you to the main sites index page, while the new index button takes you to the forum boards index, the previous landing spot of the home button.

Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Chris Cromer

Why not change "index" to "forum"?
Chris Cromer

It's all fun and games until someone get's hurt then it's just fun. ;)

Offline Cloudee1

Actually, if you hit the home button, and maybe refresh once you get there, you'll see the start of the final navigation layout. It makes both of those buttons irrelevent.

But last night when I made it I wanted to put forum index but there wasn't enough room, and index (as is table of index) made more since than forum did since the forum entail so much. But I hadn't slept much lately and now, I always hit the home button when I want to go to the forum index  ::)

Hopefully tonight I can get the site nav applied to the forums as well and remove those buttons.

Offline jtyler125

OK if Doan's New Year's Mystery is on the new site...showing off wht the more experienced guys can do...why not put Sci Man up for a hint on what the newbies can do.

I know it looks like what a newbie can do but that is the point...it this has convinced you to post it...please make sure it is open source so people can cut and paste the clock into their own scripts...that is the coolest part of the game.

Thanks,
JT
Life is getting better all the time.
Groundhog Day Competition New Year's Competition

Offline Cloudee1

There are actually a number of games displayed in that little showcase box, it randomly picks one to display. As for putting sci man up there, that is no longer up to me.

Please see this thread for info about the showcase.

Offline jtyler125

ok ok...no sci man...
Life is getting better all the time.
Groundhog Day Competition New Year's Competition

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 23 queries.