Author Topic: Fan Games page has been thrown together  (Read 3862 times)

Offline Cloudee1

Fan Games page has been thrown together
« on: February 24, 2007, 07:23:54 AM »
Alright guys, Chris has rumored that he's getting close to having the agi community ready to relaunch. In an attempt to clear up any gaps in availability of games to be downloaded, I have thrown together the fan made games listing page, It's rather crude at the moment but it appears to be functional. If anyone has any trouble downloading a game let me know.

Currently only the games that I uploaded for the showcase are present, I'll upload the rest of the games I snagged from agigames when I get a chance, probably this afternoon.

Also on a related note, I also linked up the remote uploader so new games or competition entries can be uploaded to the games folder and upon virus checks or admin approval or whatever you want to call it, the game will be made available and it will appear on the fangames list.

two questions for you guys with games listed at agi
1. do you want me to keep the current agi download numbers, or do you want me to start fresh.
2. specifically for doan, you have your author credit as rayne on both of your games at agi, would you like to use that or your username

« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 12:00:22 PM by Cloudee1 »

Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Doan Sephim

Re: Fan Games page has been thrown together
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 11:03:12 AM »
Nah...I think I'll use my username here - it will be simpler that way.

Obviously you are still going to do some work on the page, and I actually think it is looking quite good...but a couple observations:

(1) why is it that everytime there is an apostrophe there is also a slash? (ex New Year/'s competition, who/'s, knight/'s etc)?

(2) you have listed "as Too Bad you must rescue the Cheat", instead of "as Strong Bad you must rescue the Cheat"

Other than that, I think the gallery looks very nice!

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 11:34:57 AM »
The \'es are because when it gets upladed I do a little bit of manipulation to the form entries ta make sure no one is trying to access it wrongly, and I haven't applied the line of code that strips those slashes when it gets displayed ... laziness.

I'll go fix the Too Bad, I could have swore that's what it was.  :P

Man, talk about service, fixed both before I even finished the post.

I finished uploading the rest of the games, also another question for you game guys, Chris had your email adressess on the game download page viewable to the public, would you like to see the same thing happen again here, or keep them private.

To anyone who has a game that I may have somehow missed, sorry about that, feel free to upload it yourself using the link to the game uploader found under the adventure game nav button.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 12:05:34 PM by Cloudee1 »

Offline jtyler125

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 08:13:11 PM »
Good job Cloudee,

That game Sci-Man rocks! ;D

JT
Life is getting better all the time.
Groundhog Day Competition New Year's Competition

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 08:19:05 PM »
Sure, go ahead and add the email addys

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 08:31:34 PM »
I thought about it for a little bit Doan, and I think I'm going to open a small form that gets emailed to you, without them actually seeing your address. Unless you choose to respond to the email they provided on the form.

I wouldn't want a bunch of spambots to find you during my big search ranking push. I just saw today where a spambot outsmarted a captcha image I made for a guestbook on another site. But then again someone out there may come along and say "that game looks great, if I pay you will you make one for me."  ;D  I'm sure you'd like to get that kind of email. Hey, You never know. So that's what I came up with.

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 08:45:58 PM »
sounds good...I don't need any more spam than I already got ;)

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 23 queries.