Author Topic: Menus gone - difference in AGI logic scripting between IBM and Amiga - KQ 1  (Read 1689 times)

Offline OmerMor

The Amiga version of KQ1 is based on the 256K version 1.0U for the PC. Version 1.0U had no menus on the PC either, just as KQ3 version 1.01 did not, and just as SQ1 versions 1.0X and 1.1A did not. Menus were only added in early 1987 with interpreter version 2.4xx, when Sierra released most of their previous games with menus, which in the case of 256K KQ1 was version 2.0F. (The original self-booting KQ1 is the "128K version").

But morpa clearly states that he's getting menus when running on an Amiga (emulator):
Actually, running the game on an amiga or an emulator like FS-UAE shows that there IS a menu, with all the regular stuff - About, Restore, Save and so on.

Offline NewRisingSun

I was replying to the claim that the Amiga version's script code was supposed to be identical to the PC version's. The fact that the Amiga version has no menus in its scripts does not contradict that, as the PC version 1.0U will not have menus in its scripts either.

Having managed to open the Amiga version's logic files by replacing the OBJECT file from a later PC version, I find the menus in logic 83. The PC version 1.0U has no menus in logic 83. The Amiga version therefore must have been based on PC version 1.0U (and even says that in the debugger), and yet menus were added to it without increasing the version number. The time stamps on the Amiga version are December 17 1986, while PC version 1.0U is dated November 13 1986.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 04:33:33 PM by NewRisingSun »

Offline OmerMor

I was replying to the claim that the Amiga version's script code was supposed to be identical to the PC version's. The fact that the Amiga version has no menus in its scripts does not contradict that, as the PC version 1.0U will not have menus in its scripts either.

Having managed to open the Amiga version's logic files by replacing the OBJECT file from a later PC version, I find the menus in logic 83. The PC version 1.0U has no menus in logic 83. The Amiga version therefore must have been based on PC version 1.0U (and even says that in the debugger), and yet menus were added to it without increasing the version number. The time stamps on the Amiga version are December 17 1986, while PC version 1.0U is dated November 13 1986.

Sorry - I misunderstood you.

However, you're now providing an answer to the original post:

2) Does anyone have a clue were the menus can be found in the Amiga-version? No fun translating without them.

And the answer is LOGIC.83.

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.