Author Topic: "Idle animations"?  (Read 2503 times)

Offline claudehuggins

"Idle animations"?
« on: July 04, 2016, 05:39:57 PM »
Is there any way to program an "idle animation", or a view/script that ego switches to temporarily when the player hasn't touched the controls in a while? An example I'm thinking of would be when Roger starts whistling in SQ6. I'm using 1.0 for my projects but if it's not possible in 1.0 I'm also trying to learn 1.1 as well.

A while ago, at a block party I found myself socially trapped at, I thought to myself: I need a t-shirt that says, "I'd rather be programming".

Offline Kawa

Re: "Idle animations"?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 06:35:15 PM »
Best way I can imagine handling this is to study Roger's whistling. Fortunately for those who'd prefer earlier engines, he also fidgets in SQ5. I think Larry, in some games, does so too.

For SQ5, the key is in SQEgo.sc, in the class FiddleStopWalk (of Smopper), whose name implies it's like your general StopWalk, but with some extras. Now, this one is a bit more complicated than it needs to be because Roger can wear two different uniforms throughout the game, but the important bit seems to be the check on top of FiddleStopWalk::doit, (if (client isStopped:). Among other things it counts down the ticks as long as Roger is standing (loop 8), then sets a random fidget animation.

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.