Author Topic: AGI Fan Games Archive  (Read 4470 times)

Offline Nicktatorship

AGI Fan Games Archive
« on: April 12, 2017, 08:04:31 PM »
Hi all,

A recent jaunt down memory lane lead me to searching for fangames, since I was adamant that there must have been a different version of my own AGI game to the one I'd been able to find on fansites. I found dead torrents and broken links and long-gone roms that all gave credence to my theory, but eventually happened across what I'd been searching for - amidst the madness of the ScummVM forums, I found *it* and something a little more, that I knew had to get back to whatever remnant of the old AGI community might still exist.

This is a bzip-tar file of an AGI Fanmade Game collection, which contains the folders listed below.

It's attached to this post, but I've also thrown it into my google drive (and dropbox and skydrive, because I really don't want this to get lost again).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9y2oAuzUDfSRjIxTlJBajY0OUk/view?usp=sharing

I'm not sure when the archive is from, though can see it's from after my own contribution (The Lost Planet). Unfortunately for me, it looks like both of the releases I did had serious issues, despite having solveable paths. Still deciding what I want to do with that personally, but hey, I hope this is useful to some of you :)

~Nick/Tarison/Nicktatorship
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 08:06:17 PM by Nicktatorship »

---
Nick/Tarison/Nicktatorship
Aka "The Lost Planet" person

Offline Collector

Re: AGI Fan Games Archive
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 12:04:14 AM »
There was such an archive that ScummVM had for a while. It had a problem in that a few of the directory names had illegal characters for Windows, which I corrected and uploaded for the Wiki. I will have to look through your archive to see if it has anything missing from what I uploaded for the Wiki.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Nicktatorship

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 01:57:49 AM »
Yeah, it was on the forums that I found this - linked to someone's private hosting - though I'd also seen it years back too. I was specifically looking for the 0.9 version of The Lost Planet, which I'd not been able to find anywhere. I don't think it's a fully comprehensive list, but even having different versions of the same game is something a little different to most listings I'd found.
---

Offline Collector

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 09:59:36 AM »
I know that there are at least one or two fan games missing from the archive on the Wiki. I was never able to track them down. I think that they may have never been publicly released.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Nicktatorship

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 11:05:22 AM »
The main ones that stand out (compared to the wiki) are Naturette 4, Hobbits, and Pirate Quest. According to the folder, Naturette 4 wasn't released, so that might be one such. I haven't really tried/explored them beyond my own.
---

Offline Collector

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 05:39:12 PM »
I forget exactly what is missing. What I based it on was when I was restoring the Wiki from the Wayback, so there may have been entries made by the developers before they released anything and then never do so. Also when I look through the hash list of all of the fan games when I was making my Sierra version tool.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 05:40:50 PM by Collector »
KQII Remake Pic

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.