Author Topic: New Replies in "sister" or "child" boards  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Doan Sephim

New Replies in "sister" or "child" boards
« on: March 05, 2007, 10:22:43 PM »
When there is a new reply in a sub-board of a larger one, I think it should display that there is new replies in the larger board. So when someone replies in the SCI competitions board, for instance, the SCI games and such should display that there are new posts inside...whatcha think? It actually took me a while to notice that it did not already do this.

Artificial Intelligence Competition

Offline troflip

Re: New Replies in "sister" or "child" boards
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 12:26:39 AM »
Agreed!  I had no idea there were new posts there...
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Cloudee1

Re: New Replies in "sister" or "child" boards
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 08:09:39 AM »
I have complained from the beginning that I hated child boards, and this is primarily the reason. The only way to tell that there are new posts in the child board on the board index page is that the child boards name is bolded  ::)

If anyone has any suggestions how to reorganize the boards so that there aren't childboards I'm all ears. Basicly template bug fixes board could be reduced to a single thread in the syntax board, competitions could probably move to the forum news area...

* I've moved some around, and I'll add in the template changes Troflip illustrates in the help file, as well as the inventory views and the timer bug which aren't part of Troflip's updated template to a single thread/post in the how to section. That should remove all of the childboards, elliminating that missed posts issue. Chime off on the board layout, does it look better now, would this "x" make more since in section "y"

** Alright, I've moved everything I think should move, any opinions?

« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 11:58:26 AM by Cloudee1 »
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 24 queries.