Author Topic: Custom-building your own SSCI  (Read 796 times)

Offline troflip

Re: Custom-building your own SSCI
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2017, 09:52:39 PM »
Idea for easy add: ability to vertically flip views.
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Kawa

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2017, 07:11:50 AM »
Easy perhaps, but still ASM. Tch, we'll see.

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2017, 06:13:56 PM »
Easy perhaps, but still ASM. Tch, we'll see.

It's "tsk" not "tch", you barbarian you.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Kawa

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2017, 03:42:09 PM »
So with a little help from IDA and a few liters of diet coke, I found out that startasm.s was being assembled wrong. This broke restore/restart, which works by longjmp, and saving if it were to fail. And woah boy how it broke.

Turns out that MASM was generating extra code around the setjmp and longjmp procedures, because they have parameters. The originally released code did not specify any, but MASM wouldn't take it because the proto definitions did have parameters. To quote the MASM 6.11 manual:
When you use the PROC directive with its extended syntax and argument list, the assembler automatically generates the prologue and epilogue code in your procedure.
If a procedure does not have any parameters or local variables, the prologue and epilogue code that sets up and restores a stack pointer is omitted, unless FORCEFRAME is included in the prologuearg list.
We want to do the opposite here, though...
If you want to revert to the standard prologue or epilogue code, use PROLOGUEDEF or EPILOGUEDEF as the macroname in the OPTION statement.
Code: [Select]
OPTION EPILOGUE:EPILOGUEDEFYou can completely suppress prologue or epilogue generation with
Code: [Select]
OPTION PROLOGUE:None
OPTION EPILOGUE:None

This has of course been tested and confirmed. The scibuild.zip file in my stash has been updated accordingly.

Offline troflip

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 02:26:48 PM »
If you're still working on this, other than the x/y axis flipping (which is useful for having mirror or floor reflections), you can:

- have a flag that says ignore the priority comparison when drawing a view (so it always draws)
- have a flag that tells a view not to write to the visual screen (combined with the above, useful for cutting out holes of lower priority in a scene... like for a window)
- have a flag that tells a view not to write to the priority screen (lets you apply a "decal" onto a surface of varying priority)
- have a flag that inverts the priority compare (why would you do this? I have a crazy reason to do this)

Offline Kawa

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2017, 02:42:44 PM »
I'm gonna need another field for those flags.

Offline troflip

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 02:50:09 PM »
Yes, you will.

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.