Author Topic: King's Quest VI AGI remake!?!?!?!?  (Read 9785 times)

Offline pabuslem

King's Quest VI AGI remake!?!?!?!?
« on: April 17, 2017, 09:36:17 AM »
Hi, guys!

I'm sorry to post this here, but I didn't know where else to post it.

A while ago, I found on YouTube a playthrough, divided in several parts, of a King's Quest VI AGI remake!!!!!!!!!! Someone took the time and pains to remake that game in our beloved AGI engine, and it looks awesome. It certainly looks a labour of love.

Here's the link:

Had anyone seen this before? Does anyone know who made this game or where it could be downloaded?

Offline MusicallyInspired

Re: King's Quest VI AGI remake!?!?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 01:20:40 PM »
Yeah it's awesome....and he never released it. And probably has no plans to.  >:(
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline lance.ewing

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 03:02:47 PM »
Wow! I wish that had been released. Has anyone been in contact with the author? How do we know that it probably won't be released?

Back around 2000 I was quite a bit through creating an AGI version of Scott Adams' Secret Mission / Mission Impossible adventure game. I'd spoken to him and he'd given me his blessing to create the conversion. But when I got distracted by life's big events, I somehow managed to lose the source for it.    :'(   Really upset about that. There is a part in that game where you "get saboteur", which means that you've essentially added a dead man to your inventory. I obviously couldn't pretend that he was in ego's pocket (which perhaps a Lucasfilm game might get away with), so I had the animation of him dragging this dead body around between the different rooms. If you pressed the left arrow to move in the left direction then he put his back to that direction and pulled the body along with him (you needed his face to get past a security camera). It was going to be awesome. I remember creating the visitor's information room (those who have played the game will know what I'm talking about) and I had the animation for the projector screen coming down. Sad days when I realised I didn't have it anymore.

Anyway, I'm just hoping that this guy hasn't lost his KQ6 AGI conversion.

Offline Collector

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 07:03:16 PM »
QfG4 AGI:

KQII Remake Pic

Offline Nicktatorship

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 07:57:51 PM »
Great find! Found it mentioned in a thread on the AGDInteractive forums here - http://www.agdinteractive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12013

Nice SQ4 agi pic in the same:

---
Nick/Tarison/Nicktatorship
Aka "The Lost Planet" person

Offline lskovlun

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 10:22:45 PM »
These are amazing! Especially the last two (it's hard to judge the first one though, what with the text box...)

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 12:31:55 AM »
Great find! Found it mentioned in a thread on the AGDInteractive forums here - http://www.agdinteractive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12013

I started the "King's Quest V AGI" thread Lamb referred to there with a terrible iteration of Crispin's house from KQ5. After that, Lambonious and a couple other far more talented people than I contributed those gems.

That was freaking 10 years ago. :O

That SQ4 image is great! For some reason I don't remember seeing that one. Fantastic.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 12:37:57 AM by MusicallyInspired »

Offline pabuslem

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 05:45:55 PM »
Hi, guys! Long time no see. I hope everyone is doing Ok during this strange times because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

I wanted to share that, apparently, Brandon Kouri, the guy who was remaking "King's Quest VI" in AGI is back to it.

He replied to a message I posted on a YouTube video years ago and shared the Opening/Intro of KQVI AGI, which you can check out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi-w2FYABco&feature=youtu.be

I hope you guys enjoy it and be well!

- Pato Abusleme

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2020, 06:36:48 PM »
Yes I noticed this as well! So awesome that he's going to finish and release it!

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.