Author Topic: What are we working on?  (Read 2469 times)

Offline Kawa

Re: What are we working on?
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2017, 04:38:04 PM »
Because we're both proud of what we did, and your closing line made me smile.

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2017, 10:51:34 AM »
Don't take it that way. I don't think that's how he meant it. I like the art style!
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Kawa

« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2017, 01:08:28 PM »
Every now and then I try to extend the GK1-style permanent icon bar into LSL6-style. And fail horribly 8)

Offline Kawa

« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2017, 07:09:46 AM »
While studying how the Sierra installer handled installing to hard drive, I found a little something in KQ6. So I added KQ6ART.AVI to the background archive as a bonus feature. Too bad it's not 640x480, huh?

« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2017, 11:39:20 AM »
Yeah, what a tease.

Offline Kawa

« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2017, 07:51:57 PM »
I've been studying the shit outta that installer. I just found out it does a bunch of tests to determine system capabilities and stores them in a bitfield, such as "is a particular model", "has an MPU-401 interface", "has a Sound Blaster", "has a MediaVision", and "current drive is a CD-ROM"... which considering that's the only place it does such a check iss probably how it knows to offer copying files to HDD instead of only saving RESOURCE.CFG. Not sure how it tells if it's running from a diskette though, but I'd just check if the current drive is < 2 (that'd be C:) and assume A: and B: are always diskette drives.

Kinda feel like writing a custom windowing toolkit with proper control objects, and porting my custom installer to it. Get some proper buttons in it instead of "press Y/N" prompts so you can use the mouse... Besides the main menu not being a list anymore, it'd look pretty much the same.

Offline lskovlun

« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2017, 08:48:22 PM »
Kinda feel like writing a custom windowing toolkit with proper control objects, and porting my custom installer to it. Get some proper buttons in it instead of "press Y/N" prompts so you can use the mouse... Besides the main menu not being a list anymore, it'd look pretty much the same.
At which point, just having a Win32 app or whatever would be easier and just as good?

Offline Kawa

« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2017, 08:57:01 PM »
But that wouldn't be a DOS app!

« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2017, 10:04:29 PM »
"DOS app". That rubs me the wrong way. :P (those two terms together, not DOS programs themselves)

Offline Kawa

« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2017, 05:19:38 AM »
I was on my phone, ready for sleep. Didn't think to write "program" and couldn't be arsed to write "lication".

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 22 queries.