Author Topic: AGI and changing font  (Read 29 times)

Offline morpa

AGI and changing font
« on: December 16, 2017, 05:58:06 PM »
I tried out the latest version of WinAGI - great AGI-ide. One thing though - I want to localize some strings in my Kings Quest translation with non ASCII like ,,, Is this possible with an AGI-game, and how do i do it - with WinAGI if possible. Thankful for any help.

Offline Kawa

Re: AGI and changing font
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 07:56:06 AM »
In the original AGI interpreters I've tested, there's one external font file for the higher-res Hercules graphics. Though a bit mangled I can tell that it only has the 7-bit printable range. NAGI has three font files, and all of them too have the same range, but NAGI has a slightly different reaction to using the string "": in AGI, I get nothing. In NAGI with 2x zoom (which uses the Herc font) I get nothing as well, but in NAGI at 1x zoom I get garbage. Which is to be expected, really. I think the original interpreter might just extract and use the video card's built-in font as I can't for the love of me find any font data in there, but only loads the 95 printable characters. NAGI has no higher moby to load, and showed garbage instead.

Offline Collector

Re: AGI and changing font
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:15:22 AM »
I think you are right about it using the built-in fonts. There were some fan made games in Cyrillic (in fact the very first fan made AGI educational Program, "Groza" or  "Thunderstorm"), but if I try to run them through DOSBox it is just jumbled pixels. I suppose a test would be to compile DOSBox with a bitmapped font with diacritics or Cyrillic.
KQII Remake Pic

SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 23 queries.