Author Topic: Game Reviews and Suggestion  (Read 4191 times)

Offline Doan Sephim

Game Reviews and Suggestion
« on: June 01, 2017, 12:15:26 PM »
I've been going through and playing all the "complete" SCI games here for the lulz and leaving reviews for each of them. That led me to a suggestion:

In order to present these games better to site visitors, these games really should have more reviews than they do. I think I've now reviewed all the "complete" games (except Black Cauldron, which is up next for me to play). I would invite all the "regulars" here to do the same.

The Suggestion I had:
At some point I complained that there was no way for me to grade a game's music and it is now worth 25% of the game's start-score. Since many of the games have no sound at all, it seems a bit harsh to give it  a 1-star rating (and sabotage the overall score) for something that isn't really much of a problem in these types of games. It also feels wrong to give it anything other than a 1-star for music because that would suggest the game has music/sound...Perhaps something like "Overall Presentation" which would included graphics and music, but not rely on either.

Edit: I forgot to mention that some of the games in the "complete" category don't seem to really belong there - such as "Osama Been Skatin" and "SCI Quest" the former which doesn't even qualify as a "game" as far as I can tell, and the latter is little more than the template game.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 12:26:12 PM by Doan Sephim »

Artificial Intelligence Competition

Offline troflip

Re: Game Reviews and Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 12:52:31 PM »
Can you provide a 'n/a', and just exclude it from the score (pun intended) in that case?
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Collector

Re: Game Reviews and Suggestion
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 06:36:29 PM »
Cloudee would need to make any changes to the review form. It would be nice if he could be more active here again.

How about a "mini" or demo game category for those entries like Osama Been Skatin?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 06:38:20 PM by Collector »
KQII Remake Pic

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.