Author Topic: Decompilation Archive  (Read 43669 times)

Offline Collector

Re: Decompilation Archive
« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2021, 09:39:51 PM »
Oh and I didn't mean I would handle the decompilation. I meant I would handle my disappointment.  :D I'm not qualified to translate all that disassembly.

LOL, I took it exactly the way you meant it. It didn't even occur to me any other way, but then disassembly is well over my head as well. Pity, since it would be nice if there were more than just one person doing it. I am very grateful for EricOakford's efforts.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #151 on: August 02, 2021, 11:49:20 PM »
Me as well!
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline lskovlun

« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2021, 12:41:11 PM »
It still amuses me that they basically rewrote the whole damn game, and still left the "poisonous snake" line.
They did this because even Guybrush Threepwood thinks snakes are poisonous. And he's a mighty pirate.

Offline Kawa

« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2021, 07:04:00 PM »
They... didn't correct the line in a remake of a game that is not the first in its series to have poisonous snakes in... because a rival company's game also has poisonous snakes in, and a well-known jab at how Sierra games want you to die.

Makes perfect sense, and you are not ATMachine.

(also, Guybrush wants to be a mighty pirate but never actually brought back proof of his completing the trials so technically...)

Offline EricOakford

« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2021, 04:38:40 PM »
Okay, now I've been going through the code and adding comments to them, mostly in the Main script. These comments are meant to show what each global variable, procedure, and method does. So far, I have managed to do this with LSL2, LSL3, SQ3, the demos for HQ1 and Iceman, and the Fun Seeker's Guide.

And I've also been cleaning it up and making it look well-organized.
My SCI templates
SCI0 SCI0.1 SCI1.0 SCI1.1
SCI2.1 planned

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 23 queries.