Author Topic: C# AGI Interpreter  (Read 100 times)

Offline Collector

C# AGI Interpreter
« on: November 02, 2018, 11:32:17 PM »
BTW, lance, not to hijack the thread, but did you get any further with your C# interpreter?

KQII Remake Pic

Offline lance.ewing

Re: C# AGI Interpreter
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 08:38:56 AM »
I haven't worked on it since May 2017, but I really must get back to it. I had just finished the save game feature at that point, so should be able to try playing through a few games now.

Offline Collector

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 10:13:20 AM »
Perhaps I should split this off its own thread and leave this thread for Nickyv2003's question.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Collector

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 10:22:34 AM »
Split from Nickyv2003's walkthrough thread.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline lance.ewing

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 11:42:01 AM »
I haven't worked on it since May 2017, but I really must get back to it. I had just finished the save game feature at that point, so should be able to try playing through a few games now.

I've reinstalled Visual Studio, checked out the source code again, and started trying to work out where I got to. It looks like I was starting to work on decoding the sound resources. The AGI Library didn't support that, so I was starting to add that in. I lost my old local checkout of the code when my Windows VM died at some point mid last year. A good thing I was regularly pushing the code to bitbucket.

I think I still had to return to the rendering at some point. It was mostly in line with the original AGI interpreter, but there were a few areas where it wasn't quite right. To be honest though, it would only have been in quite obscure scenarios and probably difficult to notice.

Offline Collector

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 04:02:36 PM »
Did I ever give you the source to the Visual AGI sound editor? They never got around porting it to C# from C++, but it may be of some help. And if you get anywhere with adding it to the AGI Library it could help with adding it to the rest of Visual AGI IDE. At that point the only big thing left for it would be the compiler. I did contact Gustaf Wennerholm on Facebook a while back. He probably be interested if we managed to complete Visual AGI.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline lance.ewing

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 02:17:43 PM »
Yes, I think you did send it to me, and I have got it somewhere. I will probably take a look at it to get some ideas.

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 22 queries.