Author Topic: Some scripts in Template Game still in Studio Script?  (Read 461 times)

Offline MusicallyInspired

Some scripts in Template Game still in Studio Script?
« on: April 27, 2019, 03:51:35 PM »
I started a SCI1.1 project I had made from scratch again to get all the latest fixes in the template game (this project is quite old) and I'm trying to customize the control panel window but the entire script seems to still be in Studio Script syntax. Which means I can't make any changes. Is there a way to convert a single script to a different syntax rather than the whole game through Game Properties? Because the game is already in Sierra Script and in order to force it to convert all I'd have to convert everything to Studio Script and then back again and I'm not too keen on that.

Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Kawa

Re: Some scripts in Template Game still in Studio Script?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 04:20:34 PM »
The template game is indeed still in Studio Script, entirely. Here, catch.

Also, there's no reason you can't mix the two, as it's on a per-file basis. The project setting is just what to use for newly added or decompiled scripts.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 05:06:29 PM »
It is? Why then when you create a new game and specify Sierra Script does it not convert everything?

EDIT: Actually, it seems like there are some extraneous files that the template game no longer uses and attempting to compile them results in failure. Like controlitem.sc which seems to have been replaced by SettingsPane. So I was working in the wrong place. (I use Find In Files a lot)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 05:14:28 PM by MusicallyInspired »

Offline troflip

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 06:23:13 PM »
What? No, when you create new project and specify Sierra script, it should convert everything.

And anyway, even if you have mixed syntaxes (as long as it's not mixed in the same file), they should still compile just fine.
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 07:02:00 PM »
Maybe I just have extraneous files mixed into my root Template Game folder then. Because I definitely have controlitem and SettingsPane in a raw Template Game and they both want to be the same script (and one fails to compile). Kawa, does that ZIP you attached comprise of all the scripts in the Template Game? I have some random numbered scripts to with no sources that I'm not sure if I should delete or not (in the 900s). My Template Game may be tainted.

Offline lskovlun

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 07:25:06 PM »
Maybe I just have extraneous files mixed into my root Template Game folder then. Because I definitely have controlitem and SettingsPane in a raw Template Game and they both want to be the same script (and one fails to compile). Kawa, does that ZIP you attached comprise of all the scripts in the Template Game? I have some random numbered scripts to with no sources that I'm not sure if I should delete or not (in the 900s). My Template Game may be tainted.
Didn't SCI Studio renumber the system scripts, just to be annoying? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Offline EricOakford

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 07:37:22 PM »
Didn't SCI Studio renumber the system scripts, just to be annoying? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Yeah, there's also things like the death script being numbered 977, which we now know is supposed to be used for the Grooper script. In fact, game-specific scripts are generally not supposed to be in the 900s. In all fairness, the old SCI0 template was made well before the surfacing of original SCI source.
My SCI templates
SCI0 SCI0.1 SCI1.0 SCI1.1

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 24 queries.