Author Topic: QT AGIStudio update  (Read 412 times)

Offline cromer

QT AGIStudio update
« on: May 09, 2019, 07:56:13 PM »
Hello guys, I was trying to get a 64 bit binary of QT AGIStudio working and found that the code for it doesn't compile under GCC 7. Not surprising since the project hasn't had any updates since 2012. So I forked the project and updated the code, it now compiles under GCC 7 and has a working 64 bit binary. You can find the forked QT AGIStudio here: https://git.cromer.cl/cromer/qt-agistudio/releases

I also uploaded a prebuilt 64bit binary to the release which was built under linux mint 19. The prebuilt binary should work for Debian and Ubuntu as well, but I haven't really tested it out on other distros. However if the prebuilt binary doesn't work it should just be a matter of compiling it now that it works with GCC 7.

This should help out considering that newer distros have started dropping 32 bit, so naturally a 64bit version is needed.

Chris Cromer

Offline Collector

Re: QT AGIStudio update
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 04:38:56 PM »
Since I am not currently running Linux I cannot try it out, but it is good to see updated AGI IDEs being released. I have added a link to your fork on the QT AGI Studio entry on the Wiki.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Scavenger

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 09:51:10 PM »
Thank you so much for this! I've been having trouble compiling QT AGI Studio, and this is a godsend. I had to change a line in logedit.cpp because my netbook has a vertical resolution of 600 pixels and it was making the logic editor bug out because it's minimum text editor size was 600 pixels. But this works perfectly, and I'm stoked to make agi games on the go!

Offline cromer

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 06:27:54 PM »
Thank you so much for this! I've been having trouble compiling QT AGI Studio, and this is a godsend. I had to change a line in logedit.cpp because my netbook has a vertical resolution of 600 pixels and it was making the logic editor bug out because it's minimum text editor size was 600 pixels. But this works perfectly, and I'm stoked to make agi games on the go!
Glad to hear some good use has come out of it. Did you compile it for x86, x86_64, arm, or some other architecture?
Chris Cromer

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 24 queries.