Author Topic: Music/Playing Note Sticks When Leaving a Room  (Read 10264 times)

Offline gumby

Re: Music/Playing Note Sticks When Leaving a Room
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 09:45:18 AM »
I tried loading up SCI Audio to play around; will it work despite being SCI Script when the rest of the game is Sierra script?  I had some difficulty with it, but may just need to play with it more.  I can try to convert it, but it's size still worries me a bit, even the second, smaller iteration.

I started working on changing the syntax to use Sierra script, but I don't think I ever got it finished.  It's a memory hog for sure, specifically because of the array used to pass commands.
In the Great Underground Empire (Zork port in development)
Winter Break 2012 Rope Prop Competition

Offline troflip

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 01:13:36 PM »
I tried messing with some other drivers, as well, but what exactly needs to be done to work with these?  ADL.drv just doesn't give me sound;

The key is that the right tracks need to be enabled for each sound driver in SCI Companion's sound editor (top left of the sound editor).

I feel like this lingering note problem has been discussed and solved before, but my memory fails...
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 08:31:44 PM »
I do know that some tried to solve the couldn't initialize the hardware error by swapping drivers from other games from near the same era. This often lead to the hanging note. I think we discussed this when the SCI1.1 template game was being developed.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline NilG

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2019, 05:34:09 PM »
I've tried enabling all tracks for all driver options and all tracks within just the AdLib option in SCIC, but am still running into troubles with both ADL and SNDBLAST.  Am I right in thinking that the SNDBLAST driver works with ADL set tracks?  I did also install the GM Midi/Ad Lib patch Gumby uploaded here some time ago, although I think that's more to improve mapping, rather than to fix any complete lack of sound?

There's only one other instrument I've found that's sticking, so I broke and changed it to an acoustic guitar for now.  The first chunk/part/demo's done, a little QA aside, so that works to at least share what I've got.  Definitely going to take some time to figure out what I'm doing wrong here, though.

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.