Author Topic: WinAGI Version 1.2.5  (Read 318 times)

Offline AGKorson

WinAGI Version 1.2.5
« on: August 14, 2019, 12:29:55 AM »
I got a request to add some shortcut keys to the view editor in version 1.2.3. I also wanted to include some additional support for non-standard characters in message text, so I added an option to insert characters by using 'slash codes'. For example, "\x01" will insert character 0x01, "\x1A" will insert character 0x1A, and so on. There are also a couple more minor bug fixes.

You can find the install file on the AGI Wiki page for WinAGI.

And for those who are hoping for a Linux version of WinAGI, I have decided to begin work on re-writing WinAGI in C#. It is going to take me a lot of time, as I am looking at a pretty steep learning curve. I'm not making any promises on a completion date, but I'll try to provide occasional updates.

Offline Collector

Re: WinAGI Version 1.2.5
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 12:09:30 PM »
Thanks for updating the Wiki, too, though I see that the source is still is for 1.2.3.

And for those who are hoping for a Linux version of WinAGI, I have decided to begin work on re-writing WinAGI in C#. It is going to take me a lot of time, as I am looking at a pretty steep learning curve. I'm not making any promises on a completion date, but I'll try to provide occasional updates.

Or you could build on top of Visual AGI for a bit of a head start. Lance's work should have filled in the logic and sound backend, so it mostly needs the sound editor and compiler.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline AGKorson

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 07:39:30 PM »
Thanks for updating the Wiki, too, though I see that the source is still is for 1.2.3.
Yeah, I didn't bother. I don't think anybody is actually interested in the source anyway. But I suppose for completeness, I'll upload it eventually.

Or you could build on top of Visual AGI for a bit of a head start. Lance's work should have filled in the logic and sound backend, so it mostly needs the sound editor and compiler.
Maybe. I haven't seen what they've done yet. I would want to make sure all the enhancements of WinAGI are included, especially the additional tools. And I'm not interested in a joint SCI/AGI tool; I think they are too different (and the user bases are also too different).  I figure I will use this exercise as a way to finally learn a modern dev language. It's a bucket list thing. So porting WinAGI as its own program is of interest to me.

Offline Collector

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 08:48:49 PM »
I'll email Lance and see if he'll give you access to his branch since it probably has a more complete backend for his C# interpreter.
KQII Remake Pic

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 23 queries.