Author Topic: New member!  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Nychold

New member!
« on: May 29, 2007, 11:21:35 AM »
Not really a "new member introduction" thread, so I guess I'll just post it here.  I'm not exactly new...I helped Brian (with what little I could help with) way back with SCI Studio 2.0, and joined a few communities, just dying and drooling over it to come out.  Then, got distracted by life and drifted away from the community.  I guess that was, oh...4 years ago?  Amazing how things change in such a short time.

And then I find out SCI Studio is dead, Brian's webpage is dead, and the whole community looks lethargic to say the least.  *sighs*  Oh well...

Hopefully, I'll be able to start coding SCI games again.  I just downloaded SCI Companion, and I'm glad to see it's as complete as I remember SCI Studio 3 to be.  I'd love to see the decompiler and C++ style options enabled, but even still, it looks really good.  Good job guys!

Anyway, I've rambled enough for now.  Thanks for not letting the SCI dream die! :D

Offline Doan Sephim

Re: New member!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 02:37:56 PM »
Welcome! Hope to hear about some stuff your working on!

Offline Nychold

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 02:59:21 PM »
Heh, thanks.  Most of what I have now is ideas, mostly Laura Bow-ish mysteries.  (The Colonel's Bequest still scares me, to this day.  :o )  Absolutely no art, music, sounds, or coding done yet.  But I love video games, so who knows. :D

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 05:32:15 PM »
Welcome Nychold

I'm glad to see some of the old faces popping up again.  I'm sorry I haven't been around more recently but I'm hoping to start getting things back under control soon. Looking forward to hanging out with old friends again.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Nychold

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 11:27:15 AM »
Heh, I was kinda windering if you were the same Cloudee as on the other forum. :)

Was it you who was working on the Spongebob game?  Can't remember anymore, but I really wanted to see that game finished.  Looked really cool.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 06:25:34 PM »
Yeah, that's me.

I was making a SpongeBob game and the latest update on that is that it is currently on the shelf after having converted most of what I have (after a few rewrites is less than I used to have  ::) ) over to a point and click interface. I'm sure my interface isn't the best, but it seems to work fairly well enough. Including inventory items and the cursors changing to same in order to use items.

My latest project has become Fabulous Las Vegas as I was trying to put out something quickly, and I figured with less rooms game development would go much quicker but alas I like to take simple ideas and blow them astronomically out of the water.

Recently life started kicking me in the ass so I haven't even touched a computer much in the last few months.  :P
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 25 queries.