Author Topic: Fixed (almost all) the Broken Links  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Cloudee1

Fixed (almost all) the Broken Links
« on: March 19, 2010, 08:09:37 PM »
Alright gang,

One big problem with a community like ours changing names midstream is that it means a whole slew of links pointing from one post to another, or to various pages of our site just plain broke.

I for one, certainly don't have the time or energy to search every old post and topic looking for those links in order to change them. The good news is I had a brain storm so it turns out that I really don't need to, I can let the forums do it for me. sci community.com is now a censored word anytime the forum posts a message with that in it, it will automatically change it to sciprogramming.com.

Problem solved, I think anyway, if anybody is coming accross any broken links in the posts, by all means let me know about them from here going forward. An easy way to do this would be to simply click on the "report to moderator" link found in each post. If I don't investigate and fix it, maybe one of my moderators will  ;)

* I'm referring here specifically to our communities internal links, not necesarily to those pointing to other peoples websites because 1. They might come back online and 2. removing a broken link is the only thing we can do to fix it and that's no fun.

Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 23 queries.