Author Topic: Recommended Link  (Read 16004 times)

Offline Collector

Re: Recommended Link
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 08:22:07 PM »
Hmmm, I should probably update the tools page to not include a download, as I posted the win32 installer.... Something for me to do tomorow I guess, or maybe remove it until it is official from scummvm that it's good to go.
Good idea. The latest version was just released today and your download will become outdated every time a new version is released. In addition there are several downloads on the scummvm.org download page; the current build, the SVN build (which is updated daily), the ScummVM tools package, builds fro other platforms, the freeware games that they have permission to distribute, etc. Just linking to the download page lets them do all of the maintenance instead of you having to duplicate their work. It's not like scummvm.org is going to disappear the way that other sites have.

By the way, I have a number of SCI related tools that I have collected. I can mirror the tools on The Sierra Help Pages and provide you with anything that I have that you may not already have.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 12:21:29 AM »
What sorts of SCI tools do you have, Collector?
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 05:45:04 AM »
Besides the ones already listed here, like Companion, Studio and the Resource Viewer, I have an SCI VGA Decoder, a Script Dumper, Enrico Rolfi's TraduSCI and UniSCI, Vag's VMD Player. I may have a couple of other things, but I would have to look.
KQII Remake Pic

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 01:21:25 PM »
Ah yes. There's also the SCI EGA decoder and the SIC32 resource dumper that I have as well. I also found some Russian SCI decoding tools somewhere. Basically the same thing as the EGA and VGA decoders, though, except a little more fancy and with less understandable writing (unless you read Russian).

Or did I get that from you?

Offline Collector

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 02:31:21 PM »
I think that the only things that we have exchanged has been different versions of the Sierra Resource Viewer. What I would like to see is to pool all these together and get them mirrored on more than one server. Some of these are hard to find, these days.
KQII Remake Pic

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 02:39:00 PM »
Indeed. And we seem to be seeing a resurgence in the Sierra community lately for whatever reason. I believe the Sierra Help Pages and the recent re-releases on GoG have contributed to it in some way. It really is prime time to start making such utilities available for the interested before the interest dies out again.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 03:53:46 PM »
Hey Collector, I don't have time right now, but if your tools page is up to date, I'll swing by and download the relevant sci tools and add them to the tools page here when I get a chance.

When everything is all squared away, I will probably rewrite the tools page to include a mirror link to the duplicate tools that we offer. I'm not sure when that will be, but your right, having these tools on more than one server would be beneficial.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 08:34:23 PM »
I don't have a page up, yet, but I am working on one, now. Once you have your page done, I can link to both the files on SHP as well as here.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Collector

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 02:40:16 AM »
OK, I've had a chance to sort through most on my SCI tools and made a page for them.

The Sierra Help Pages SCI Tools page

I also had the SCI utilities from Brian's old Ultimate AGI/SCI Site. Most of these are dated or have been superseded, but I uploaded them to my site, as well.

Older SCI tools

And Brandon, I thought that I had downloaded the SCI Resource Viewer with the CLI version that you had linked to on the SHP forums, but I can't find it. The link is now dead. Could you post it again? You can post it directly on the forum in that thread.
KQII Remake Pic

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 03:05:40 PM »
I'll get them up when I can. The GUI version that goes with them also has a few capabilities that "Version 1" doesn't have. I'll bundle that too.

Offline Collector

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2010, 07:46:57 PM »
I'll leave version 1 up, but I'll also include yours.
KQII Remake Pic

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 12:39:18 AM »
Indeed. I believe Version 1 can open some games that my version can't. But anyways. Sorry it took so long. Computer trouble.

http://brandonblume.com/games/sciviewer_cli_gui.zip

Offline Collector

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2010, 02:47:49 AM »
It looks like the only differences in features are in the preferences, mostly in terms of export. It is too bad that the source was not released.
KQII Remake Pic

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2010, 09:04:55 AM »
It does open some games differently than others. EGA SCI1 games, or instance, open correctly whereas I believe Version 1 gets the palettes a bit wrong.

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.284 seconds with 24 queries.