Author Topic: April Competition using the point and clicker!!  (Read 22585 times)

Offline Collector

Re: April Competition using the point and clicker!!
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 02:59:24 PM »
It should be considered good practice to make sure that the games run without issue in DOSBox. Some versions of Windows no longer ship with the NTVDM and, of course, there are the non Windows users.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 05:02:06 PM »
For the record, the game is fully playable with dosbox. As MI pointed out, the cpu cycles need to be tweaked to get the game up to speed. Personally I only need to set mine at 11500. So unfortunately there is no standard setting apparantly. Without tweaking the cpu cycles though, the only thing that fails is my Sierraish style logo at startup. I thought it would be in bad form to make someone wait for it to finish rather than get the game started. So while it fails, the rest of the game does not and it is not essential to the game, so like I said before I considered it an acceptable loss.  Is anyone else having the trouble that Doan is in downloading the game?

~ I uploaded a fresh copy of the zip file, I don't know what went wrong with the  other one, so give it another try Doan.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 06:56:51 PM by Cloudee1 »
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 01:20:07 AM »
It was probably on his end. His download was probably unfinished. Happens every now and then to me as well. He probably just needed to redownload it. I had no problems.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 02:30:51 AM »
I don't think that was it. I lugged my laptop into town (no internet at home) and tried it out. It was corrupted, thats when I uploaded the fresh copy. Whatever happened has me a little concerned about all of the other zip files available...

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2010, 08:25:55 AM »
I got it! Will play it in a little bit  :D

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 11:53:27 AM »
I hope this zip works for you Doan. The game is really nothing special so don't expect to be blown away here. I didn't have time to do half the things I wanted to do, it always seems to come down to the graphics. I still think that is the hardest part. Anyway, let me know what you think. That goes for everyone else as well.

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 11:28:20 AM »
For what it's worth, I think the graphics are fantastic. From the backgrounds to the sprite/animation art. Definitely does the job, anyway. Sure things could be better, but for one month's worth of work that's darn good.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline bokkers

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 01:11:05 PM »
Well, I'm probably a bit late to the party, but I've just checked out Circus Quest and totally love it so far. The graphics are really fantastic, true to the Sierra style and very detailed. Kudos!

Laugh at me, but I actually got stuck in the game. I have the poster, the balloon on a string, 10 bucks left, nothing left to do and no way to get into the circus.

There is one screen where I wonder if I've come across a bug or just don't get what I'm supposed to do. When I look through the hole in the fence, I get the screen with the elephant, but on the first mouse click, the game switches back to me next to the fence. Even if I do a right click, attempting to just switch mouse cursors. 

Is this right that way? Im playing via Dosbox on a WinXP machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2014, 03:13:29 PM »
Yeah, any click should take you back away from the hole cut view. It's only purpose is to show you the elephant.

As far as being stuck, my guess is that you don't have all the items that you need. Try picking up some more of the trash along the fence. The first couple of clicks probably gave you the bit about echo quest and not wanting to pick up trash, but not everything that looks like trash actually is.

Offline bokkers

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2014, 03:19:05 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply! Will check it out right away.

Rediscovered AGI/SCI today after a couple of years absence, and it's so good to see people have been so creative over the last years! Thumbs up!

EDIT:
Have scoured the whole trash by the fence, but couldn't find anything new. Earlier I found 2 things in the trash: one object next to the main entrance (which I already gave to "someone"), and another object which I obtained by examining something lying on the ground.

Is there another thing I'm missing somewhere?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 03:28:30 PM by bokkers »

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2014, 03:37:18 PM »
No, actually that is it I think. Have you put any of your inventory items together then?

Offline bokkers

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2014, 03:40:02 PM »
Yeah, I could join 2 things. Didn't figure out what to do with the result though. Clicked it on various spots but no luck.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2014, 03:44:46 PM »
Have you tried using it on yourself... but not while directly in front of the fence. I would say that is the one real bug. The fence click takes precedence over the ego click. But if you click on just ego, maybe move down screen so that you aren't clicking on the fence too, something should happen

Offline bokkers

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2014, 03:48:52 PM »
Aaah, neat. :) Just discovered this as well while you were writing it. Finally, the circus! Great little game! Thanks for making this!

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2014, 03:50:45 PM »
Yeah the point and click template has come a ways since then. When I look at it now, I can't imagine that anyone would want to put the menu buttons in the middle of the screen   ::)

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.