Author Topic: Point & Click ... The Black Cauldron  (Read 20103 times)

Offline Cloudee1

Re: Point & Click ... The Black Cauldron
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 06:55:00 AM »
It's not the same. I've read through a couple of walkthrus and it's not the same as actually seeing it. As a sidenote the original and the official hintbook are available to download from Al Lowes website.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 09:00:43 PM »
So my guy has now officially entered the castle. I also took some time and played the original so I now have the last of the game mapped out. Progress is good.

Offline Collector

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 12:07:55 AM »
Can you decompile the original in AGI Studio to see the elements so as to not miss anything? How much sense can one make of the scripts this way?
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 11:19:40 AM »
If I wanted to, I could decipher the agi logics created by agistudio, but just looking at the text responses and the views loaded by a room seem to be sufficient, well that and actually playing the room. So far I'm pretty sure that I'm on top of everything, at least as far as the main story branches anyway.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 08:50:10 PM »
So it feels like the train is rounding a bend. I'm just a few (6) rooms away from having a fully travelable map. Also the game is playable up to the first trip to the Horned King's castle in all the story branches. I am expecting some pretty smooth sailing as I breeze through some of the "filling up the map" rooms, those are the ones that serve  absolutely  no  purpose except  to spread  apart  two other  screens and there seem to be alot of of them.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 12:33:02 AM »
I realised I haven't updated lately . The map is complete, you can walk and do everything you need to do to get there. I have decided to make some small changes, for instance, if you travel south you will eventually be in the room you started in. I am closing off the map so that there will be a north/ south boundary. Also, there Are several points in the original when there is absolutely no hint as to what you need to do so I'm adding in more print statements. But otherwise I think that when the time comes, this "sierra" version will be released as a demo, it will be a  complete game, the final release will be a redrawn extra puzzle affair. But that will take a really long time.

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2010, 01:29:24 AM »
Looking forward to it!
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2010, 08:33:12 PM »
I am a hair away from being able to complete the whole game via all of the main puzzle branches. I am up to and inside the  room of the final showdown. Only nothing happens yet. There are still some other details to squish in there but for the most part I'm real close to the testing stage. Then its just finalising the graphics I've added (basicly just the menu buttons) and squishing any bugs that I've missed.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 06:56:57 AM »
Sooooo close.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2010, 05:28:41 PM »
Hopefully in the next couple of days I'll be attatching the game to a thread hoping for a couple of testers to help me find any bugs,ambiguity, or whatnot that I may have missed.

Offline gumby

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2010, 07:07:31 PM »
Nice!  I played the original only a few times (never got very far), but I'll volunteer for general playability testing.
In the Great Underground Empire (Zork port in development)
Winter Break 2012 Rope Prop Competition

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2010, 10:58:41 AM »
Indeed. Same here.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2010, 11:27:56 AM »
I've got one bit that I just fouled up, going up a ladder while the pig is following... and the I think I'm ready to roll. Then while you guys are testing I'll finish up the buttons and inventory graphics.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2010, 05:58:02 PM »
Shout it from the rooftops, I am done.  :P Seriously though, if some of you guys who are members of other adventure game based communities, spread the word.

My summer project took just a hair longer than I had intended, summer officially ended a week or two ago, but nevertheless it's done and  The Black Cauldron: point and click can now be downloaded off the sciprogramming fan games page.

Hope everyone enjoys playing it, if I dare say it might even be better than the original, at least in ease of playability.

Now then, what should I start working on next...

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2010, 11:20:39 AM »
Well? Anybody have a chance to form an opinion?

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 31 queries.