Author Topic: PICEDIT 1.2.1 beta 2 released (fixes 5 defects)  (Read 2482 times)

Offline lance.ewing

PICEDIT 1.2.1 beta 2 released (fixes 5 defects)
« on: December 19, 2010, 07:12:55 PM »
I have just released beta 2 of PICEDIT 1.2.1. This release fixes five defects, four of which were quite big bugs. These five defects were as follows:

1. Setting visual colour to white was adding the wrong colour byte code into the AGI picture (16 instead of 15).
2. Setting priority colour to red was adding the wrong colour byte code into the AGI picture (16 instead of 4).
3. Setting priority colour was adding the wrong action byte code into the AGI picture (0xF0 instead of 0xF2).
4. Turning off priority colour was adding the wrong action byte code into the AGI picture (0xF1 instead of 0xF3).
5. Picture navigation when showing the priority screen kept switching back to the visual screen.

Although I have been adding new features over the past couple of weeks, this release does not include any of those. Instead it is exactly the same as beta 1 except for the five defects fixed above. I will continue to fix bugs in version 1.2.1 until either no more are found or I release the next major release.

Grab the new beta 2 release from my web site: www.agifans.com

Offline Cloudee1

Re: PICEDIT 1.2.1 beta 2 released (fixes 5 defects)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 02:36:54 PM »
Hey Lance, drew a few lines with the pic editor. There was one thing I noticed that I didn't like. When drawing a line click once to start and then again to finish but after that, right clicking not only unanchors the next line, but it turns off the line tool. Not a big deal I guess, just don't like it.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline lance.ewing

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 01:47:39 PM »
Hey Lance, drew a few lines with the pic editor. There was one thing I noticed that I didn't like. When drawing a line click once to start and then again to finish but after that, right clicking not only unanchors the next line, but it turns off the line tool. Not a big deal I guess, just don't like it.

Sorry, I missed seeing this comment back in Dec. Probably because I was thinking about Christmas. I've had more than one other person say the same thing and I tend to agree. So you'll be pleased to know that I have implemented a fix for this in the next version. Although not a lot has changed yet, what I might start doing is releasing some pre-release milestones of 1.3 so that people can start using these new features. A couple of the new features make a big difference. I may also make beta 2 of 1.2.1 the final release for that version since no more defects have been reported.

Offline lance.ewing

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 01:50:18 PM »
When I release 1.3 it will be an AGI only version. Version 2.0 will add the SCI0 support. You may notice some changes though that will be in preparatioin for the SCI support.

Offline lance.ewing

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 05:53:43 PM »
It took me about 4 months but I've now renamed beta 2 as the final release of 1.2.1. There is one known issue, but it apparently existed in the original C version of PICEDIT, so I figure it shouldn't stop me from making beta 2 the final release. The issue is that apparently some picture resources created by Sierra have lines in them that have only a single point (i.e. just a starting point and no other points). It isn't possible to create such a line in PICEDIT itself, but PICEDIT should ideally support all of Sierra's pictures. So I plan to fix this for 1.3.

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 24 queries.