Author Topic: Our New home listed at SMFoogle and other Search Engine musings  (Read 3191 times)

Offline Cloudee1

Our New home listed at SMFoogle and other Search Engine musings
« on: December 22, 2006, 04:46:18 AM »

Hey you guys, in case you care, I submitted our new little home here to smfoogle, kind of like a google for simple machine forum users and currently we are the only site listed in computers and internet / programming and development. It probably won't last, but its nice being number one

I do notice that they took a screen of the emptysacdesigns homepage and that doesn't reflect anything sci right now (that will change). I guess I don't get to work on my game quite yet, I get to redesign my website first. It needed it anyway, never having been fully finished to begin with.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 06:04:01 PM by Cloudee1 »

Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Cloudee1

Re: Our New home listed at SMFoogle
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 05:46:19 AM »
Not really worthy of a new thread, but kind of a similar theme of spreading the word about our new home. I saw a googlebot viewing Omers profile today. While one little bot doesn't mean much on one hand, it means a whole lot on the other.

With so many links that don't point here, it's nice to know that word is starting to spread ... The journey has begun. 

If anyone has any suggestions to help spread the word about our new community, especially if it  may catch the eyes of some of our long lost departed. Now is an excellent time to share.

Afterall, they might still have time to enter the New Year's Game Competition.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 07:19:15 PM by Cloudee1 »

Offline OmerMor

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 05:13:54 PM »
Really? I was probed?? By google? I feel so used ..  ;D

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 06:03:08 PM »
So with the domain change, we lost all of our initial search engine progress, but the good news is that Yahoo, and MSN have both managed to find us again. The MSN bot has been popping in and out all day long, whereas Yahoo hasn't shown up as much, and I haven't seen Google show up at all yet.

With any luck, and a little time we may manage to beat out all of those Sci-fi sites out there and come out on top for a google MSN search on sci  ::)

The process has begun again. Looks like I need to go and fix that smfoogle listing. Wrong domain  ;)

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 23 queries.