Author Topic: Scummvm 1.2 does it run our games  (Read 2276 times)

Offline Cloudee1

Scummvm 1.2 does it run our games
« on: November 21, 2010, 10:59:04 PM »
So I checked out scummvm's latest release 1.2. First I tried loading up a couple of my projects and they failed so then I tried jb2 and it failed. Has anyone gotten this to work for our games?

Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline MusicallyInspired

Re: Scummvm 1.2 does it run our games
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 11:24:08 PM »
Fangames aren't properly supported yet. If the game is not recognized and not in ScummVM's detection list it ignores any SCI games by default. I had to compile my own build which would add any SCI games even if it didn't recognise it.

But there's another problem besides that. Any game compiled with SCI Companion causes a stack overflow when loading it in ScummVM, including my KQ2SCI project. They haven't been able to track down the problem. The new SCI game I'm working on (not KQ2SCI) crashes with a stack overflow whenever I compile all scripts with Companion. But when I compile them with Studio it opens just fine. Bizarre.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Eigen

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 01:11:42 AM »
The built-in list of games is annoying, it should still be able to play unlisted games. It works with the others games in our fan games list, I tried a few. Probably because these are older and have had time to be included in the program.
Artificial Intelligence Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 03:03:31 AM »
I have wondered at times how much of ScummVM need to recognize the MD5 of a game  to add a game is to properly handle different versions of a game and how much is to try to prevent pirated games from running in ScummVM. Cracked games would probably have a different MD5.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 04:47:38 PM »
So it sounds like its fine to include under agitools but for now I'm going to leave it off the sci list.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 05:08:25 PM »
Besides, for the SCI0 games DOSBox is easier. All you need to do to start it in DOSBox is to drop the EXE on a DOSBox shortcut and it will mount the game's folder and start the game using the settings in the RESOURCE.CFG. I believe ScummVM ignores the RESOURCE.CFG.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 05:17:58 PM »
ScummVM wouldn't recognize the RESOURCE.CFG file. It doesn't recognize any configuration files from any games it supports. The equivalent to this would be adding specific game settings to the ScummVM.ini file for each SCI game.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 23 queries.