Author Topic: Strange happenings  (Read 4607 times)

Offline MusicallyInspired

Strange happenings
« on: December 24, 2006, 10:08:26 PM »
How come every now and then randomly (seemingly, anyway) a post is bumped as "new" but when you view it there are no new posts? Are edits being made or something? Just wondering as it struck me as odd.

Also happy holidays, everyone!

Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Cloudee1

Re: Strange happenings
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 10:25:44 PM »
There was one day when I rearranged a couple of threads, feature announcements, bug report, feature cancellation addressing everything in the new feature thread, that may have been part of it.

Also the AGI category is always marked with a new posts icon, just because I can't really check for a cookie from Chris's site to turn it off. Also the thread title in that recently changed but held no relevence because I'm pulling it from another sites rss feed, testing it until Chris comes up with making the rss feed, if everybody thinks this approach is good enough, no one has added their opinions  :(

Beyond that since it opened, I have been tinkering testing and editing my posts and the scripts constantly, some of you may have even seen my errors, but none of that should influence anything about new posts, unless editing posts changes the new post icon, but I don't think it does. All I can say is that except for some minor editing to the members profile in posts, to include awards and arcade stats and then to incorporate Chris's rss feed maker into these forums providing a similar fake board on his own site. I'm hoping he'll make that part anyway, I made the display  ;) There isn't much else script editing on the horizon.

I haven't ever noticed it myself, but if it persists, let me know as my script editing is definately winding down. So if it continues, it isn't because of me editing scripts, but before now, I guess its entirely possible.

I also stickied a couple of threads, as I plan to add to them giving each category its own resources reference like with the sci sytax and listing all of the known resources for them. I stickied one of Omer's threads in the game section because it had game related links on it that I had no idea about so I figured it was a good starting point. If that is an example of what you meant.

Or even it could be, the sci syntax board has two more child boards inside of it, sci how tos and template fixes. It could be the new posts were in those but because of the new post icon you thought you were looking for it in the first board level when it was actually further in.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 10:46:25 PM by Cloudee1 »
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 01:45:46 PM »
This is still an issue. Randomly when the index page shows some new posts in a forum, when you enter those sub-forums the little "New!" image which flags a thread as having new posts doesn't show up. It's weird. It's completely random.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 06:04:22 PM »
I have seen this, too, from time to time. When it happens there is always a new post, but the "New" icon is missing on the thread with the new post. I have not noticed a pattern of when this happens.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 08:37:31 PM »
Lol, yeah I have no idea. I still suspect that its an edit triggering it but I seem to remember Brandon and I trying to recreate it a long time ago I don't remember that we ever figured it out.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 24 queries.