Author Topic: And so come the rest of the AGI games...  (Read 11492 times)

Offline Cloudee1

And so come the rest of the AGI games...
« on: March 21, 2011, 07:26:32 PM »
So with Klownstein's submission of an AGI game, our cherry has been broken so to speak. One little ol AGI game just does not seem right... The uploading has begun. Every few days or so, I plan to find enough time to get a few AGI games up on the board and running.

I have done a little work on the fangames page getting ready, I still need to add in the bit with the pagination, but the sorting bit up top works great and with a little highlighting and the title area matching your search query, it doesn't seem so bad.

There's a couple of little agi, sci pics I forgot to copy onto my flashdrive that will also help to distinguish between the two types of games when they are listed together. But I guess that is just something to look forward to  :P

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, the game authors name is also a link to display all of the games that they are credited with creating, thought that was a nice addition. Anyway, stay tuned, stay posted, there are alot of games coming real soon. But for now, here's just a few to get you in the mood.

Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Collector

Re: And so come the rest of the AGI games...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 09:03:49 PM »
Do you want the archive of the AGI games that ScummVM.org has that I fixed? It is about 190 games.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 10:33:31 PM »
Probably... but there isn't a big rush on it I've got my hands full with the ones I can get. screenshots are eating up my time,  and  hopefully most of the  games will  be represented already... but probably

Offline Collector

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 04:18:10 AM »
What is the size limit for uploads here? the 7z is 15 MB.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 05:20:25 PM »
As long as my crappy upload script, I mean that well oiled piece of programming can handle it, the size shouldn't be a problem. 

On a side note, I have pretty much finished the A's and B's, they should be available now, also the pagination is in place and currently 18 games are displayed per page... So on we march.

Offline Collector

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 12:51:09 AM »
Keeps crapping out.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 11:05:47 AM »
That figures... for now though I, betting most of them are duplicates of what I've got. May need to just fill in a couple of holes when it's all done.

Which by the way, I am now pretty much through the C's and D's...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 08:24:28 PM by Cloudee1 »

Offline Collector

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 10:38:38 PM »
When I get a chance I'll host it on my server. You can grab it from there. Give me a reminder if I don't get to it soon.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline lance.ewing

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 02:57:04 AM »
I was just thinking that at some point it might be good if each game showed along side it some basic stats, e.g. how many pictures, views, sounds, and logics it contained. From this someone browsing through the list could see at a glance what games were more complete. I know this is something I've wondered.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 11:22:46 AM »
Hey Lance, there's actually a short, medium,long option on the upload form... I just haven't had a reason to sort by them until now. And there's no chance it's accurate now... a lot of details need sorted out. Number of logics, etc might be overkill. By the way Ruby Cast looks great, plan to give it a real go through if I get all of this done.

Offline Collector

KQII Remake Pic

Offline lance.ewing

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 01:57:16 AM »
Hey Lance, there's actually a short, medium,long option on the upload form... I just haven't had a reason to sort by them until now. And there's no chance it's accurate now... a lot of details need sorted out. Number of logics, etc might be overkill. By the way Ruby Cast looks great, plan to give it a real go through if I get all of this done.

I wish I had finished The Ruby Cast. I had big plans for it. The whole game was worked out on paper but I think the size of it was too daunting. When I started writing it, I had a lot of time on my hands but now I find it hard to find a few minutes simply to write this post! - You might be a bit disappointed when you play it. There aren't very many puzzles. It is more an explore and pick things up type of demo. There are a couple of ways to die I guess. - When I released it it was one of the first AGI demos and quite good at the time. Then Dave's Quest was released and I was in complete awe.

Offline lance.ewing

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 02:05:52 AM »
Here:

http://sierrahelp.com/download.php?file=Files/Other/AGIFanmade.7z

I also have a large package of AGI fan made games that I downloaded from the net about 6 months ago. It is probably the same package, but once all the games have been uploaded, I can take a look to see if there are any differences.

It looks like the file I have is called agi-fanmade.tar.gz and is 28.6 MB.

Offline lance.ewing

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 02:08:27 AM »
This suggestion might be a much bigger task, but since Martin Kool has made his AGI to Javascript converter free for download, we could in theory convert all the fan made games and make them playable online. I've never tried out the converter, so don't know if this is fairly complex or not.

Offline Collector

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 02:30:29 PM »
It is the same package, but the original tar.gz has some illegal characters in some of the folder names (for Windows). I used 7Zip to rename them so that all of games can be extracted on Windows. 7Zip also made for a smaller package. I got it from the ScummVM forum and had offered the fixed package there, but they seemed to not care if it worked on Windows or not.
KQII Remake Pic

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 24 queries.