Author Topic: And so come the rest of the AGI games...  (Read 12137 times)

Offline Cloudee1

Re: And so come the rest of the AGI games...
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 09:35:32 PM »
Alright, I snagged it and yeah it seems to be the same group that I've been working on.

I didn't reaise your file wasn't a zip file, my upload script would, or rather should have stopped it anyway, so even if the crappy server would have taken it, my form wouldn't have in the end...

By the way Lance, where did you say that converter was... it just sounds like a cool tool to have laying around

By the way, update on the game uploading, I should now be pretty much through the G's with a quick pincer move, getting me up from Z through the T's.... Meaning that H-S and it's done... about another 50 games.

Man ya'll been busy on the AGI front over the years.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline lance.ewing

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 02:06:13 AM »
Alright, I snagged it and yeah it seems to be the same group that I've been working on.

I didn't reaise your file wasn't a zip file, my upload script would, or rather should have stopped it anyway, so even if the crappy server would have taken it, my form wouldn't have in the end...

By the way Lance, where did you say that converter was... it just sounds like a cool tool to have laying around

By the way, update on the game uploading, I should now be pretty much through the G's with a quick pincer move, getting me up from Z through the T's.... Meaning that H-S and it's done... about another 50 games.

Man ya'll been busy on the AGI front over the years.

It looks like the converter focusses solely on the conversion of logics to Javascript. All the other resources are handled by WinAGI (see document link below):

http://code.google.com/p/sariendotnet/source/browse/trunk/convert/readme.txt

And this is the link to the open source project:

http://code.google.com/p/sariendotnet/

Offline lance.ewing

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 07:02:30 AM »
A smallish correction to what I said above. I think the converter probably does convert the pics and views but takes as input the files extracted using WinAGI. That makes a lot of sense now that I've thought about it. Better to work directly on the extracted files rather than deal with the VOLs.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2011, 07:17:56 PM »
Ok, I had hit the ground running and started off great, then I got distracted by working on one of my own sci games and fell behind on making screenshots. I have done up of few of them and just in case you were needing an AGI fix, they are now available.

While not everything is done yet, We are now listing most games from a-i and r-z all that is left now are the j-q's

One thing that I am having trouble with, Star Pilot Bigger Fish, does anyone have a copy that will actually play under scumm. So far all I can get it to do is hang up prior to loading...

Offline Raf

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 10:09:19 AM »
Why not try Nagi? If it doesn't run on Nagi, it's broken. If it doesn't run on Scumm, maybe it isn't compatible.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 03:06:12 PM »
Hooray!!!!

There may be a couple of stragglers here and there that I missed, but for the most part, all of the AGI games that were on my initial list have now been uploaded and are ready for download.

Granted I still have a problem getting Star Pilot: Bigger Fish up and running. But beyond that, I have finally completed a major task.

Maybe in a couple of weeks I'll go out and look for those stragglers, but for now, it's done.

Offline Collector

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 06:46:29 PM »
Did you get that zip of all of the known AGI fan games that someone put up on the ScummVM board?

One thing that I think would be good would be to have some way of filtering the SCI games from the AGI while browsing the games.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 11:33:19 PM »
There is a way to sort out just the sci or agi games.

At the top of the games listing, on the right you can select demo, competition, complete or all... in the middle you can select agi, sci, or both... and at the right you can sort by title, date, number of downloads, or rating.  By default the games that are listed are all types, all engines, and by highest ratings. Just a couple of clicks though and you'll be down to whatever it is you are looking for. Also, if you click on a game author's name, then it will just limit it to the games that they have made. It looks like Robin and Eigen are in the lead.

I have a couple of different zip files that contained a lot of the agi games. Looking over the scumm wiki though, there are some listed that I didn't have a copy of. It may be that they are just lost, but that's what I mean by stragglers.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 11:39:41 PM by Cloudee1 »

Offline Collector

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 11:43:42 AM »
That zip by someone not on Windows contains a couple of games named with illegal characters and must be renamed before extraction.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 05:00:09 PM »
I checked back through and found the 7z link to the set you were referring to at shp and yes, that is one of the zip files that I have been working against.

Offline Collector

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2013, 05:45:18 PM »
Does anyone have any contact information for Chris Cromer? I know that others have tried around the time that agigames.com went belly up, but I would like to see if he still had the database for the AGI Wiki to restore and host it. Scummvm.org has part of it, but is is missing a fair bit and has been made rather ScummVM centric, and less AGI game developer oriented. It is also read only to all but ScummVM devs.

I have been trying to pull some of the pages from the Wayback, but that is tedious and is missing the images and some entries. My interest is still primarily SCI, but I don't like how AGI is slipping away.
KQII Remake Pic

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 24 queries.