Author Topic: Guitar Heroes I and II for the ps2  (Read 4850 times)

Offline Cloudee1

Guitar Heroes I and II for the ps2
« on: December 28, 2006, 10:01:07 PM »
I hate to say it, but I love them both (they are almost exactly the same). Me and thewife got the games and a pair of guitars for Christmas and my fingers haven't been straight since.

Eigen, as a fellow guitar player I think you'll love this game as well. I took it to a friends house yesterday and today he has a copy of the game and his own guitar.

I've seen it demoed in a few stores, with that one guy who does nothing but stand in a store playing their demo systems for hours at a time and I thought man that looks dumb. Then I got it and man do I have to admit I was wrong.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 10:05:16 PM by Cloudee1 »

Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline MusicallyInspired

Re: Guitar Heroes I and II for the ps2
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 03:15:39 AM »
I'm also a guitarist. I heard about the game but never tried it because I kept hearing that it was really bad. Now I'll have to give it a shot sometime.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 12:43:10 PM »
And considering Eigen lives in Estonia. What all have you got at your fingertips over there.

I have noticed that thewife is more of a "natural" at it than I am, and the same goes for my friend and his old lady, she seems to be picking it up a little faster than him. I have a theory about that though, and as neither of them play guitar and both of us boys do, we are playing it with our fingertips looking for strings, rather than our finger pad just pressing the big button, we lift off and they just quit pressing. But as our fingers figure out the spacing of the buttons that gap between the girls and boys is closing.

I think the first one has a better song list, but the second one has a cooperative multiplayer mode so you  can play either lead and rhythm, or bass and guitar, rather than just head to head.

Offline Eigen

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 02:10:35 PM »
I haven't heard of this game. What exactly is it? Like a game where you can play the guitar?
Artificial Intelligence Competition

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 10:21:47 PM »
It even has guitar controllers which have 5 buttons, each in place of the first five frets of varying colors, a little switch thing where the strings would be and a whammy bar.

The game itself, is you are in a cover band and you play a whole bunch of different songs. In the center of the screen is a guitar fretboard which is always scrolling towards you. On it are the different buttons you've got to hit just like all the other, match the beat games, but when you miss, the guitar part you missed is muted from the song. For instance imagine Iron Man (I) without the long notes in the beginning, or in Free Bird (II) during the solo missing every third note. When you screw up part of a song, you know it. Each game has about 40 to 50 songs on it.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 03:46:34 PM by Cloudee1 »

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 11:08:28 PM »
I am also a guitarist and the game is actually kind of fun...

But to be honest, for me, I lost interest within a week... :'(

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 08:59:57 AM »
Playing the same songs over and over again does get a little repetitive, but really it happens with all games. At some point you've done what there is to do.

If you've got two may I sugget getting one, the song list is a little better and it's probably alot cheaper since it has been out longer.

After discovering her guitar legend talent I've almost got thewife ready to try out a real guitar.

Offline jtyler125

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 01:07:05 AM »
What in the hell is wrong with us...I also play guitar and even sing a bit.   If we spent more time practicing guitar than doing Sci studio we would all be rock stars by now.  Oh forget it...Cloudee1 just gave me some more code that I never thought possible...have to go compile now.
Life is getting better all the time.
Groundhog Day Competition New Year's Competition

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 05:22:36 PM »
I almost have GH2 beat on expert...I'm on the last round of songs...

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 05:24:28 PM »
You are far more devoted than I.

Hard is pretty hard.

Offline jtyler125

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 09:05:55 AM »
What other games does THE WIFE reccommend for thr PS2?  My wife and I were addicted to Crash Team Racing for a long time but need a new game to play...any suggestions?

JT-GAMER OUT!!!

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 02:59:39 PM »
What other games does THE WIFE reccommend for thr PS2?  My wife and I were addicted to Crash Team Racing for a long time but need a new game to play...any suggestions?

JT-GAMER OUT!!!
I've got CTR but no one ever wants to play against me. I started the wives video game training by trading lives with her in crash bandicoot. way back when, but I've got her to the point now where she even enjoys and looks forward to playing Final Fantasies.

Every once in a while she pops out here, maybe she'll get a chance o recommend something herself.

Offline jtyler125

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 05:51:42 PM »
Thanks...get her on to talk to my wife.

JT
OUT

Offline jtyler125

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 08:51:03 PM »
Ok I will see if she is game...because of our success with CTR...I think she likes cart racing...but as we all know no other game has even come close to CTR...besides mario kart butt we don't have a nintendo so that is out.  We recently bought the SHREK racing game and it is so close to being a hit...but it's not...worth playing a few times though but the graphics make it hard to see...we will see about dynasty warriors...but I am also intrigued with star wars leggos game...and wondering if anyone has played it as a two player game?

Offline jtyler125

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 05:40:14 PM »
Actually I made her buy DDR with tha pad and everything...she loved laughing at me dancing...I was pretty good in easy mode...hard mode is like impossible...I watch those kids at the bowling alleys and my brain explodes they hit every arrow and move like crazy...that made me quit I sucked...

We will try some other games...

Thanks,
JT - The Husband Out

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 25 queries.