Author Topic: The Design Desktop - Play unreleased sneak peaks of upcoming SCI releases  (Read 15917 times)

Offline MusicallyInspired

So the files aren't actually downloaded to disk? That is a relief and something I was wondering about. I'd rather not allow people the ability to acquire my alpha builds if it's at all possible.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline gumby

Yeah, I think the only way the files hit disk is when you use the "download" parameter in the applet (which is what I'm doing with the AGI/SCI games).
In the Great Underground Empire (Zork port in development)
Winter Break 2012 Rope Prop Competition

Offline Collector

Dropping the game IMG in a JAR seems to be about the best way. Besides the fact that it is much smaller than the uncompressed IMG, the fact that it is done in memory makes it much faster to initialize.

Danoon released a new version released today.

Quote from: danoon
* New dynamic core, most games are 2x faster than build #19
* Fixed lots of minor bugs, mainly around installers

Test out the faster Doom at http://jdosbox.sourceforge.net/

I can't believe it has been almost 2 months since build #19. The new core definitely took a lot of time, but I think it was was worth the effort. Doom seems to be the wost case for the new core, its only 25% faster, but every little bit helps. The nice part is this core works in unsigned applets. There is still room for improvement, a recompiling core shows lots of promise. Maybe someday I will get to that. For now I would like to work on stability, so please write about bugs your see.

http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?p=228174#228174
KQII Remake Pic

Offline MusicallyInspired

KQ2SCI seems to be unplayable at the moment. jDOSBox can't seem to find the IMG file.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline gumby

Confirmed.  All the Design Desktop games are unplayable.

EDIT:  Looks like the URL of the .img files that DosBox is loading is inaccessible (404).  Could just be protected (not public), dunno.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:00:49 PM by gumby »
In the Great Underground Empire (Zork port in development)
Winter Break 2012 Rope Prop Competition

Offline Collector

Has Cloudee posted since the site was down? If it was moved to a new server, perhaps not everything got moved.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Cloudee1

Wait, what... I've been burning up my spare hours on a project at work and haven't had much time for play. Will figure out whats going on tomorow.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Raf

Has Cloudee posted since the site was down? If it was moved to a new server, perhaps not everything got moved.
The site's been down...?

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 33 queries.