Author Topic: Music sounds that don't go away  (Read 4623 times)

Offline Doan Sephim

Music sounds that don't go away
« on: October 31, 2011, 12:29:05 PM »
I've noticed that sometimes even though the music stops, certain sounds (like say a string ensemble 2) persist even when the game is quit and dosbox is open. WHAT can I do to STOP it?!?! I dont' want to change the song for the room. I remember having this problem before, but I don't remember if it was ever resolved
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 12:42:37 PM by Doan Sephim »

Artificial Intelligence Competition

Offline Cloudee1

Re: Music sounds that don't go away
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 05:50:38 PM »
Wow, that is persistent. even after the game has quit! Not really sure what to suggest about this one.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 07:00:01 PM »
I have never heard of anything like this with MIDI. I have experienced it a couple of times with CD audio in games that use Redbook Audio. Has this ever occurred with any games other than fan made SCI games?
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 08:37:16 PM »
I don't remember, but it has happened with mine a number of times. I am suprised no one has had a similar experience

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 10:32:00 PM »
Well I fixed the problem. I think it may be because in soundbox instead of setting all the channels properties I instead changed the midi-mapper to freesci - mt32...I don't know why I did that...but, I hope if anyone has this problem they can now know how to avoid it...at least it worked for me...

Gotta love looking stupid  ;)

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 10:48:33 PM »
I'm just glad to hear you're putting a little work in... haven't had a chance to even look at my projects in quite a while. I miss them
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 10:59:16 PM »
Yeah, I didn't want to come out and say anything until I had significant work done, but a few of my students have encouraged me to work on the game. And well, it's been 2 or 3 years!!!! but the second I picked it up I solved a couple bugs that were giving me headaches back then and now things are coming along.

My wedding is over, I just now finished my course for my masters and things are settling down a bit...plus the motivation of these guys asking me about the game, working on games themselves, etc has really been giving me a push

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.