Author Topic: Instruments tracks volumes that change between rooms  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Doan Sephim

Instruments tracks volumes that change between rooms
« on: November 01, 2011, 10:00:04 AM »
I have a room where music plays, but after I added some other tunes, everytime I go into that room, one of the instrument tracks volume is turned down! Is there something I should be doing to avoid this?

Artificial Intelligence Competition

Offline MusicallyInspired

Re: Instruments tracks volumes that change between rooms
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 08:33:15 AM »
I wish I could answer this. I haven't experimented fully with adding music yet. I'll be doing that after my entire game is complete.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 01:24:00 AM »
Ok lets see if I got this right. the initial gmusic plays before anything else perfectly, then you go to other rooms and play other music. Returning to the initial music, it then plays it differently than the first time. Commenting out the other music, does the music in question play correctly every time? Does the other music make use of the same instrument in question? If so is the instrument aligned in the same channel as the first music? If you comment out the added music, then bring them back one at a time, do all of them cause the initial music's issue or is there on in particular that is causing it?
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 12:35:14 AM »
Commenting out the other music, does the music in question play correctly every time?
Yes! I have even reset all the "bad" songs volume levels to their highest and it didn't change the outcome!

Does the other music make use of the same instrument in question? If so is the instrument aligned in the same channel as the first music?
The songs do not share the instrument that gets lowered.

I have tinkered around a bit, but with every new song I add to the game, there seems to be endless interactions (lowering of certain instruments, certain instruments getting cut short...). If Eigen is out there, did this never happen to you when you put in your songs? I get all kinds of strangeness going on!

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 23 queries.