Author Topic: SCI Companion V3 - alpha build notes/bugs/feature requests  (Read 158691 times)

Offline EricOakford

Re: SCI Companion V3 - alpha build notes/bugs/feature requests
« Reply #945 on: August 13, 2020, 06:27:24 PM »
Look what I've done - I upgraded SCI Quest!

Lots of changes have been made to more closely match the original SCI code. Any SQ5 remnant that is not used has been removed, and the status line is drawn entirely by the kernel, to name a few. The game has been tested to completion.

Get it here.
My SCI templates
SCI0 SCI0.1 SCI1.0 SCI1.1
SCI2.1 planned

Offline Kawa

« Reply #946 on: Yesterday at 07:29:10 AM »
One issue with using SCI11+ is that it won't let you use colors 253-254. Those are for remapping purposes.

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #947 on: Yesterday at 01:47:35 PM »
Look what I've done - I upgraded SCI Quest!

Lots of changes have been made to more closely match the original SCI code. Any SQ5 remnant that is not used has been removed, and the status line is drawn entirely by the kernel, to name a few. The game has been tested to completion.

Get it here.

Nice! I appreciate this effort!
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #948 on: Yesterday at 03:12:00 PM »
Using the ThunderBoard driver is a standard workaround scratchy or noisy SB sounds for games from that era. It would be nice to track down the underlying problem.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Kawa

« Reply #949 on: Yesterday at 05:31:11 PM »
One issue with using SCI11+ is that it won't let you use colors 253-254. Those are for remapping purposes.
I just added a slightly smelly hack to the Extended build that works around this issue.

Edit: added screenshots to show the effect. "Fixed" is what you'd see in a stock SCI11 interpreter. "White" is what you'd see in the terp that's currently included.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:34:50 PM by Kawa »

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 24 queries.