Author Topic: sciAudio - a new way to put sound in your games!  (Read 19998 times)

Offline Doan Sephim

Re: sciAudio - a new way to put sound in your games!
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2020, 11:16:45 PM »
Sure, no problem! Thank you both for all the help!

Offline Collector

« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2020, 06:52:18 PM »
Finally got some time to look at this. I noticed that your git repo does not include the updated code.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Collector

« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2020, 07:41:30 AM »
Gumby, there still seems like there is a problem. Sometimes it will launch with sound and other times it does not. In all cases DOSBox and the launcher are loaded, but sciAudio closes so fast that it never shows in the task manager. Perhaps adding some sort of delay before it starts monitoring processes?
KQII Remake Pic

Offline gumby

« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2020, 10:07:21 AM »
No problem, see attached.  I added a 5 second wait before monitoring any running processes, that should do it.
In the Great Underground Empire (Zork port in development)
Winter Break 2012 Rope Prop Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2020, 05:21:55 PM »
That seems to fix it. Could you update the sciAudio page on the Wiki?
KQII Remake Pic

Offline gumby

« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2020, 04:10:46 PM »
Wiki is now updated.
In the Great Underground Empire (Zork port in development)
Winter Break 2012 Rope Prop Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2020, 07:22:17 PM »
Updated Publisher has been uploaded to the Wiki. It may be a while before I have time to update the repo.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2020, 03:43:24 PM »
Updated Publisher has been uploaded to the Wiki. It may be a while before I have time to update the repo.
So with the update SCIAudio and Installer am I good to proceed with a patch (especially now that the save bug is fixed!) or do I need to wait for the repo? I'm not exactly sure what that is.

Offline Collector

« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2020, 04:21:03 PM »
Only the source on git has not yet been updated. The prebuilt binary on the Wiki has been. Grab the latest from the Wiki and replace the old one in the Companion plugin directory. Replace the old sciAudio in the game with Gumby's new build. Load the game in Companion and start Publisher from Companion and republish.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2020, 09:14:22 PM »
Only the source on git has not yet been updated. The prebuilt binary on the Wiki has been. Grab the latest from the Wiki and replace the old one in the Companion plugin directory. Replace the old sciAudio in the game with Gumby's new build. Load the game in Companion and start Publisher from Companion and republish.

Alright. I redownloaded the installer and sciaudio, but now I'm hitting a problem I've not seen before. The NSIS publisher is not allowing me to compile?

Edit...I bet I know what's wrong. I probably forgot to delete some stuff from earlier. Will trouble shoot.

Edit again. Hmmm. Same problem. Not sure what's going on
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 09:27:03 PM by Doan Sephim »
Artificial Intelligence Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2020, 10:00:36 AM »
I'll have a day off in a couple of days or so when I can take a look.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2020, 11:56:57 AM »
I'll have a day off in a couple of days or so when I can take a look.
Take as much time as you need...I just hope it's not me being dumb!

Offline Collector

« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2020, 08:17:09 PM »
No, it was not you. It was from fixing a bug that turned up in Win10 where the program would close shortly after a timer for button management started. This did not happen in Win7. I did a quick fix to avoid using the timer, but it does not allow the compile buttons to re-enable. Looks like I need to redo the whole button management from scratch.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2020, 08:41:46 PM »
No, it was not you. It was from fixing a bug that turned up in Win10 where the program would close shortly after a timer for button management started. This did not happen in Win7. I did a quick fix to avoid using the timer, but it does not allow the compile buttons to re-enable. Looks like I need to redo the whole button management from scratch.
That doesn't sound fun. Sorry to hear it ☹️

Offline Collector

« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2020, 04:53:32 PM »
I think that I have everything fixed. Grab the new version from the Wiki. Try it and play with it. Kick the tires and see if you can break it and let me know.

Besides code cleanup I also added a few extra tweaks. The project properties tab will now autopopulate if launched from Companion with a game loaded in it. any of these fields can be changed before generating/regenerating script. If including source files the script will now ignore any "*.bak" files. These can manually be readded to the script if desired.
KQII Remake Pic

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 24 queries.