Author Topic: How to make a finished game file?  (Read 1933 times)

Offline jtyler125

How to make a finished game file?
« on: January 13, 2007, 11:24:20 PM »
Ok I when I am ready to send you the game for the contest...how do you package the files so you no longer need sci studio to open them.  Not syaing that I am going to do this because I hate it when they are like this but how do you finish it so people cannot access source code?

1)  How do you polish off game files to have a stand alone product?

2)  How do you package the final product so others can't read your source code? (as lame as that is to us newbies who stay up late downloading games trying to find pieces of code to use.)

Life is getting better all the time.
Groundhog Day Competition New Year's Competition

Offline Cloudee1

Re: How to make a finished game file?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 11:34:56 PM »
Remove the source folder from your game folder. Then zip up what's left, a zip file is as close to a stand alone product as you can get. Look at sierra's games they aren't stand alone, we need all those same files as they did. Without the source files though, scistudio can't read the scripts. I've uped the file size limit and allowed for zip attatchments for the game contests. If anybody runs into trouble with the limit being to low then let me know how much you need and I'll up it some more, but you should be able to atatch the zip file to a post, preferably in the competition thread of course. I know a lot of people have their own webspace and if you would rather link to a zip file on your own space, that's fine too.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline jtyler125

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 04:09:13 PM »
Do you suggest a file zipper...I searched on my computer for winzip...but it doesn't have it...it must have something because it extracts files just fine...but it gives that to me as an option when I mouse over the zipped file. 

What zipping program should I use?

Thanks,
JT

Offline jtyler125

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 04:29:30 PM »
I figured it out...just scroll the mouse over the file and right click...on the "send to" section it asks you to send it to a compressed file folder...this will compress the file and store it on your desktop.  Then you can email it like that-I hope...because I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks,
JT

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 04:36:12 PM »
That zip file should be fine. You won't have to email it though, you should be able to attatch it directly to a post.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 23 queries.