Author Topic: Surgery tomorrow  (Read 1896 times)

Offline Doan Sephim

Surgery tomorrow
« on: September 10, 2013, 08:42:13 PM »
Wish me luck, or say a prayer. Brutal kidney stone is being forcibly evicted tomorrow. Not the greatest experience of my life, but one I learned from. Stay hydrated out there guys, no need to find yourself in this situation.

Artificial Intelligence Competition

Offline MusicallyInspired

Re: Surgery tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 01:59:32 PM »
Done, sir. Good luck.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 08:06:42 AM »
Thank you music  :)
The procedure could've gone worse, but also could have gone better. He didn't find the stone, so it's still in there somewhere and I still get to go through the rigors of recovery.

When they take my stent out in a couple weeks he'll check again for the stone. This kidney stone has really been a jerk!

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 08:40:25 PM »
Well had another surgery on Mon. They went all the way up into my kidney and still the stone is MIA...so I either a) passed it after the first surgery and didn't notice due to the pain I was experiencing from recovery, or it's under my ureter membrane-wall, in which case it won't cause any more problems.

So I am cautiously optimistic that all is well. But since it is still a big Question Mark, I can't have certainty that this horrid little bugger is truly gone.

I will go in next week for stent removal and CT scan to see if it's still in there.

Offline Collector

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 11:15:26 PM »
Sounds like a horrid thing to endure. I remember hearing about a procedure a number of years back where they would use ultra sound to break up stones small enough to pass.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 11:01:23 AM »
Yeah, that's shock-wave lithotripsy. That's definately one way to do it! Luckily (or perhaps unluckily) that is not the route my doctor chose.

Offline Roycole

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 11:46:21 AM »
how does your surgery went mate?

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 23 queries.