Author Topic: AGI resources  (Read 4921 times)

Offline Collector

AGI resources
« on: July 28, 2013, 03:11:42 PM »
After fir3w0rx's thread asking about AGI or SCI, where I had urged him to go with SCI because of the loss of the AGI resources and that We still have most of the SCI stuff, I started to think about this. I have been trying to regather as much of the AGI stuff that I can. The ScummVM team has partially rebuilt the Wiki, but it is missing large parts of it and has been made ScummVM and player centric. I have been trying to reconstruct as much of the Wiki as I can from the Wayback and other sources. This is intended to have the emphasis back on the AGI developers. It will be a very slow and tedious process.

While trying to track down missing elements, I discovered that I was able to gather all of Nailhead's old site. What was missing form the Wayback, I was able to track down the missing parts, some from people's Gdrives from creative Googling. I am not allowed to archive other sites on my server, so I will have to extract all of the content minus the style to host it. I will be setting up a subdomain for it and hope that Cloudee can mirror some of it.

Nailhead's old site hosted his AGI Studio and had a wealth of information about the AGI specifications and and resources for developers working on AGI projects. I'll announce here when I have enough available online.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 03:13:19 PM by Collector »

KQII Remake Pic

Offline dotbat

Re: AGI resources
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 02:11:50 PM »
I like the idea of this. I began an AGI website with a forum, perhaps I could help out somehow? Sure, I'm a new comer, but I could host the stuff you have collected. I've been trying to collect as many resources, and as I collect them I post them to the site.

Perhaps we can revive the AGI community. If you're interested you can check out the bare bones of the project at www.agicollective.info and look at the forums at  www.agicollective.info/forum

It's very bare at the moment, but I'm hoping it will grow and be a nice place for the AGI people to hang out.

Offline Collector

Re: AGI resources
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 06:25:40 PM »
I have begun to reconstruct the AGI Wiki from the Webarchive, but there is still much to do. I have  also setup an AGI subdomain, but it is not that far along in terms of a finished product. I have recovered a lot of material from the old Nailhead site and lost documentation that used to be on the agidev site.

I have interwiki links between the AGI Wiki and the SCI Wiki to integrate the two and both use the vast resources of the main SHP site. I had no intention of doing another forum for it. To my mind, the AGI forum belongs here, the closest thing to a direct descendant of the old Mega Tokyo boards that we have. Wiki - http://agiwiki.sierrahelp.com/

However, don't let me discourage you from doing your own site.
KQII Remake Pic

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.