Author Topic: Join the SCI Community website development team.  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Cloudee1

Join the SCI Community website development team.
« on: February 06, 2007, 10:46:52 PM »
Don't look now, but the wheels are in motion. As everyone here is already aware of, I love SCI. I want nothing more than to see the sci community  grow beyond bounds. When I first had read that DF was going to let the mega-tokyo forums die off, I sprung into action and started our home here.

Now that the virtual dust has settled, looking around I have noticed a couple of things which are going to inevitabley hold us back. For one, the site the forums are hosted on have absolutely nothing to do with sci programming, so even when someone is looking for sci programming the search engines aren't going to want to show us to them. Another, is that the current host has had some intermittent outages. They have never seemed to last longer than a couple of minutes and then everything works fine again, but they have still been there. While I don't really care if people can get to my main site, I do care whether or not I can get to the sci forums.

What does all of that mean? It means that I already bought a new domain name. The hosting is getting set up and I'm waiting for the dns namechanges to take effect. Our sci community is going to have it's own name with it's own true home. While, of course I wish I would have done it to begin with, I think it is really the best opportunity for the community to grow. The forums will be backed up and reloaded there so when the time comes, all you will have to do is change your bookmark, not resign up again or anything else.

In the next couple of months, I'd like to get a website built and put up there, to not only house the forums, but any of the community's games, tools, full-fledged tutorials, walkthroughs, anything and everything related to us and sci. Yes, I said a couple of months, I am in no rush and I'm still trying to get my game for Doan's competition done too.

Anyone who is interested in helping to design, program, or give opinions or suggestions towards the building of what will be the internet's single source for all things sci, either the website itself or a new forum theme to match it,  feel free to let me know. I've only just started drawing the layout.

More News to come later!

Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Doan Sephim

Re: Join the SCI Community website development team.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 10:55:45 PM »
I might be able to help on the design end, but when it comes to actually coding, I am really bad.

Offline MusicallyInspired

Re: Join the SCI Community website development team.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 10:59:33 PM »
Will be nice to have a new and up-to-date SCI website! I'm usually better at offering ideas after I see a design so I can know where best to organize it. If somethnig comes to my attention I'll contribute my ideas. Long live SCI!
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 24 queries.