Author Topic: Welcome to the New Domain  (Read 2789 times)

Offline Cloudee1

Welcome to the New Domain
« on: February 08, 2007, 03:25:03 AM »
SOrry I haven't had time to convert over the Mega-Tokyo theme, but I'm happy to announce that it appears as though everything has gone pretty well and the sci community has found its home at scicommunity.com, where else?

I know it sucks to move after a move, but I think this may be the best move yet.

Welcome!  ;D

While I'm taking the time to announce the new domain name, I may as well point out a few new forum features. Besides the arcade, it appears as though chat is working properly, as well as the addition of a members gallery area so you can display your game rooms or art with pride. I also brought back the shop and even managed to reupload a couple of items from space quest 3, the orium gem and an orat on a stick. By the way, you can also add your myspace links your profile now, I've added one, even though it isn't mine. :D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 09:07:22 PM by Cloudee1 »

Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline MusicallyInspired

Re: Welcome to the New Domain
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 01:52:13 AM »
Working good on this end!

If you want to add material from fangames to the site email me about KQ2SCI. I can provide screenshots, info, etc if you like.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 01:59:55 AM by MusicallyInspired »
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Online Doan Sephim

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 02:01:07 AM »
Very cool! One problem though. Artwork cannot be added because it is impossible to submit anything without a category, and there are no categories to choose from.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 02:07:17 AM »
 :-[

I'll go make a couple right now. Any suggestions.

I'm not sure yet how information is going to be displayed, but fan game stuff will definately be listed. Heck I'm listing the members websites, just uploaded the script, so I'll definately do something with the games, that's our bread and butter.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 02:13:42 AM by Cloudee1 »

Online Doan Sephim

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 02:21:44 AM »
Cool it works! Maybe later when I have time I will put up some sprites or something. The place is looking VERY good cloudee1...SCI fans should thank you! I certainly do...even though you stole my pacman crown...which I cannot seem to get back  ;)

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 02:30:50 AM »
I saw you were playing, so I played a round also but the game is in a cheatin mood tonight. It seems like I'm doing alot more work than i actually am.  ;D and don't get me wrong, I'm doing this for myself. I'm a huge fan too.

Some of the changes are just for fun, and some of them may come in really handy. But the community I have envisioned will be the one stop for all things sci.

It will come in time. Unfortunately I haven't had time to work on my game entry in the last several days. I did stick a sort of screenshot up on the main sites homepage. You may have to hit refresh a couple of times to get it to show up in the random showcase. I know the sites pretty plain text right now, but I'm hoping some of you graphic gurus are going to start throwing banners and whatnot at me.  ;D Not really, I'm just trying to get the content and scripts figured out before I work on the ultimate graphics and layout.

Online Doan Sephim

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 02:42:31 AM »
I saw the screenshot...but I must say I was MOST fascinated with the screen of the Hero's Quest style game, which is my fav SCI game of them all!

Also, I might be able to come up with some computer art if you want it for the main page...just let me know dimensions and a general idea.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 03:05:25 AM »
I saw the screenshot...but I must say I was MOST fascinated with the screen of the Hero's Quest style game, which is my fav SCI game of them all!

Also, I might be able to come up with some computer art if you want it for the main page...just let me know dimensions and a general idea.
I really have no idea yet of the art. At first thought I'm thinking ega stuff, but sci encompasses so much more that our ega tools so I've simply decided to not worry about it yet.  :P

Yeah, that's what I was working on when you guys were doing your new years competition. I've got the character select screen and the stats room. The stats that have changed are different colors just like they are supposed to be. I've really only got the basic idea for the story, it will be a long way off before it actually turns into anything. I didn't need story for those rooms and now they're done.  ;)

Now that it looks like the show case script works fine though, even if it doesn't look quite right yet,  I need to start getting the real showcase images and whatnot together and get my sketches out of there.

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 24 queries.