Community

AGI Programming => Mega Tokyo AGI Archive => Topic started by: ehcb on September 30, 2002, 10:44:13 AM

Title: A background
Post by: ehcb on September 30, 2002, 10:44:13 AM
This is the first bakground I'vev made that doesn't look all distorted and weird.

Here it is (as it would look in a game):
(http://www.helium.freeservers.com/images/garden.gif
)

I'd really like critisism.  :-\
Title: Re:A background
Post by: Kon-Tiki on September 30, 2002, 10:46:37 AM
There's no screenshot here.

-Kon-Master of constructive critisism-Tiki-
Title: Re:A background
Post by: ehcb on September 30, 2002, 10:56:38 AM
(http://www.helium.freeservers.com/images/garden.gif/)

Try the direct link:

http://www.helium.freeservers.com/images/garden.gif
Title: Re:A background
Post by: Kon-Tiki on September 30, 2002, 11:20:53 AM
Wow. If this's your first Picture that came out without any problems, you're quite tallented. It even has a good atmospere in it. Can't wait to see more of these.

-Kon-Tiki-
Title: Re:A background
Post by: ehcb on September 30, 2002, 01:38:33 PM
That's the best feedback I've ever got on anything I've drawn!  :o

Title: Re:A background
Post by: Joey on September 30, 2002, 01:47:18 PM
hey thats pretty good!!! especially for your first drawing. but i have a question. the link is blah blah blah garden blah. if its a garden, shouldnt it have flowers or plants or something?

Just a thought.
Title: Re:A background
Post by: ehcb on October 02, 2002, 12:37:42 PM
You're right, that picture is horribly undetailed!

I added a statue, tree, wall, flowerbed and generally cluttered it up.

(NOTE: Ms paint messed up the colours but...you get the idea?)

http://www.helium.freeservers.com/images/garden2.gif (http://www.helium.freeservers.com/images/garden2.gif)
Title: Re:A background
Post by: Allen on October 04, 2002, 10:00:29 AM
hmm... Your link didn't work.
I went to your page though and the pics are great!

-Allyb-
Title: Re:A background
Post by: ehcb on October 07, 2002, 01:32:37 PM
Hmmmn, how odd. It works for me...try again.

If you really think my pictures are great (EGO inflates...) then you must have poor taste in art. I mostly hang around in the AGS forums and some of the pictures there make mine look like they were drawn by a spastic monkey in a dark cellar.

Title: Re:A background
Post by: Kon-Tiki on October 07, 2002, 01:36:17 PM
AGS uses bitmaps, doesn't it? There's the difference. AGI uses vectors, which restricts it in some ways. To AGI-norms, your picture's great.

-Kon-Tiki-
Title: Re:A background
Post by: ehcb on October 07, 2002, 01:40:02 PM
(EGO in danger of exploding.)

I've never quite understood how AGI uses vectors...I thought that vectors weren't resoloution-based but that seems to be quite the opposite...

And my picture was originally a bitmap, I converted it to vector with some software I got off "the ultimate AGi/SCi site".
Title: Re:A background
Post by: Kon-Tiki on October 07, 2002, 01:48:03 PM
Hehehe, used that at the beginning of my time on AGI too. It always gave the most poor results.

-Kon-Tiki-
Title: Re:A background
Post by: Joey on October 07, 2002, 02:09:31 PM
im not saying its excellent. its good though. i like the new stuff you added. its pretty good i think.

are you making a game egg head?

(lol, egg head.)
Title: Re:A background
Post by: ehcb on October 07, 2002, 02:55:28 PM
You can't make me say anything!

Every time I announce a game I end up accidently deleteing it or losing interest!

It's a curse I tell ya'!
 :o

Title: Re:A background
Post by: ehcb on October 12, 2002, 03:35:34 AM
Hmmn, no one cares about my picture...

 :'(