Author Topic: Telltale Games are shutting down  (Read 5740 times)

Offline lskovlun

Telltale Games are shutting down
« on: September 21, 2018, 08:09:30 PM »
Not SCI related, but Carl Muckenhoupt ended up with Telltale in case you missed it. His SCI Decoder was so very influential back in 1999 when I got started on SCI. And now they're closing.

:'(

Offline Kawa

Re: Telltale Games are shutting down
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 03:59:05 AM »

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 03:38:29 PM »
Not too broken up about Telltale closing to be honest. They kept straying farther and farther from what I consider fulfilling gameplay (let alone puzzle design). But I of course feel for all those employees out of a job. May they find (much) greener pastures and opportunities.

I had no idea the creator of SCI Decoder was working there. Always wondered what happened to him.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline lance.ewing

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 07:13:33 PM »
Not SCI related, but Carl Muckenhoupt ended up with Telltale in case you missed it. His SCI Decoder was so very influential back in 1999 when I got started on SCI. And now they're closing.

:'(

Carl Muckenhoupt was a big name for me as well. He created one of the first tools and in doing so attracted a lot of people with a similar interest in those early days of the Internet. We all ended up emailing him, people like Peter Kelly, Joakim Moller, and me, and a few others, and then he put us all in touch with each other.

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 12:51:06 AM »
Crazy. Fascinating learning the history's history.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.