Author Topic: Sierra's Internal AGI Tools  (Read 6912 times)

Offline OmerMor

Sierra's Internal AGI Tools
« on: January 13, 2019, 04:09:28 PM »
As promised a few years ago,
here's my collection of Sierra's internal AGI tools.

Enjoy!  8)

Offline Kawa

Re: Sierra's Internal AGI Tools
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 04:27:59 PM »
*pounces on the download*

Offline Collector

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 08:48:45 PM »
Thanks!
KQII Remake Pic

Offline pmkelly

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 10:14:48 PM »
As promised a few years ago,
here's my collection of Sierra's internal AGI tools.

Enjoy!  8)

Ooooh, this is fantastic.

Just yesterday I completed the first version of the parser for my new logic compiler (will post on GitHub soon once it's in a bit better shape) and found a number of quirks in the syntax of the AGI samples you posted on the other thread, for example the compiler seems to accept : as a statement terminator in addition to of ; (which is used in 99% of other places), and I found at least one case where an identifier could be accepted as a label without a preceding : as long as it appears at the start of a line.

Having access to the original CG.EXE will be handy for testing how these corner cases are handled. Ideally I'd like the new compiler to accept exactly the same syntax and produce exactly the same output as the original, for reasons of authenticity.

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 09:22:23 AM »
Awesome! So cool!
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline lance.ewing

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2022, 11:32:56 PM »
I just spotted in the SOUND.EXE utility that it contains a copyright message for both IBM and Sierra:

$ strings SOUND.EXE | grep 1983
(c)Copyright IBM Corp 1983
copyright (c) 1983 Sierra On-line, Inc

and a date of 1983. So this one must date back to the original top secret IBM King's Quest project!

Edit: Timestamp of the EXE file is 22 June 1983 as well.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 11:35:29 PM by lance.ewing »

Offline lance.ewing

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2022, 10:44:22 PM »
Hmmm, I thought I might get more response from that one  ;D. The IBM "King's Quest" project is probably the most interesting part of Sierra's history to me. Perhaps it is due to it being "top secret", or perhaps it is due to it being where the 3D animated graphic adventure was born, i.e. where AGI was born. I guess that SOUND.EXE tool was part of what they developed as part of the original IBM KQ project that led to the creation of AGI. Maybe it is a SOUND tool for GAL/AGIv0.

Offline Collector

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2022, 01:25:30 PM »
Oh, I definitely noticed, but didn't have anything to add. Not that it would get used, but it would be interesting to have all of the GAL tools and source.
KQII Remake Pic

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.